Author Topic: having probs  (Read 1758 times)

there's a prob with my copy of blockland. when i try to load a map, it either freezes the game, or crashes the game and gives me an error message, and i got to fix it. can someone tell me how to fix it? is it possible to over mod retail? 'cause i have lots of add-ons.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 04:16:25 PM by Justin1221 »

Yes, you could overdo add-ons, but I'm not sure if there are enough to do that, yet. Could you post your logs and fix your topic title, it's Ambiguous as it does tell what your problem is, it just says you might be gone for a while.

I don't think it's quite possible to over mod a game, unless your computer is running low on space, yet you keep on downloading addons.
Another reason, is that some addon could be working improperly, so when Blockland performs a check in the console for every addon, it crashes because of that add on.
Than again, I know nothing about this topic, and I might be wrong.

Badspot

• Administrator
It is quite possible for a single add-on to break the game.  What add-ons have you installed recently?

Bingo! Last in, first out.

On a side note: Torque has a datablock limit of 1000 or something, after that everything goes wonky. With enough add-ons, you may surpass the limit.

i disabled the bot add-on and some other add-ons and some music, but the same prob. i think i may have added some other stuff, but i don't remember.

Don't just disable it, delete it from your add-ons folder.

i did that and it still doesn't work.

here's the log.

what do you think? i really miss this game.

p.s. sorry for double post.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 03:20:04 PM by Justin1221 »

Badspot

• Administrator
what does your base/config/client/Favorites.cs file look like?

i don't know. i don't know how to use favorites, so i don't use them. but one time i tried to.

i got it to work! :cookieMonster: i had to remove some stuff. i don't know what i removed to get it to work, but nothing is missing except for some non-important stuff. but i'm still a little worried and unsure of what i removed. :/

Name the items you removed (should be in your recycling bin right now)
or the folder you removed them from.