Yes PopCap never updated anything...
2 (5.6%)
Yeah sure I like EA better
2 (5.6%)
Um what is PopCap
6 (16.7%)
No I Loved Peggle.
1 (2.8%)
$*@#it I loved PopCap Why did they sell their souls to the EA?
25 (69.4%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Electronic arts just bought PopCap.... NO  (Read 3059 times)

Okay I just moved into my new house so this was a day or two ago but EA has boughten PopCap... you know like peggle and bejewled and my favorite Plants vs zombies... whearas EA makes Madden... (i buy like once every five years...) C&C not the firs two though... those ones are to good to be EA and all of the other sports games that they make every year... Last year EA had lost around 10 million Dollars...  And yet they Buy PopCap for 750 million big ones... Well this means goodbye to PLants vs Zombies two and other games PopCap was bound to make... and if EA tries to remake any of them well Damnit but NO. they are horrrible at addin on to sequals they didn't first think of... Such as WestWood... Good ole Westwood some of the best games of their time... Now we only see their logos on the games we all purchased years and years ago... Anyway  EA tried to continue C&C which i'll admit imma fan of theThird... the didn't to do bd on that actualy but the fourth... WTF that is the worst RTS I have ever seen... Really no building basedefences and NO currency...

Okay here is a list of all the Games i EXPECT ea TO RUIN... PvZ 2, Insaneaquarium... :c, Peggle, imma not sure about bejewled... PopCap already milked the bucket on that one... Add more to the list if yall will

Okay thats all I have to offer for today... Discuss if you want.. R.I.P. PopCap.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 08:52:02 PM by Saiytex »

There goes Insane Aquarium :c

NNNnnoooooooooo
I loved that game :C

NO I forgot about tha game aww I love that game... I LOVE that game...

So much insanity.

I'm gonna play that.

forget you EA, forget you

Popcap? EA?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Popcap..
Insane aquarium, chuzzle deluxe, Plants vs. zombies, ohh those were all the fun games i had, and loving insanaquarium is fun as hell

Big gaming companies are all getting stuffty.

Valve isn't that big, right?

Plus, indie developers are taking over the scene.

This is how much EA forgeted up the SPORE series.

>EA/Maxis have SPORE. Great game, lots of crap wrong with it though.
>Game runs smoothly, eventually major bugs are repaired, but still a lot is wrong.
>Will Wright quits Electronic Arts and all of SPORE's stuff is now property of EA.
>EA gets deal with Dr. Pepper for most of the new EA games, each bottle has a code under the cap to unlock special stuff.
>In the SPORE community, there is a worldwide stuffstorm because certain places in the U.S.A. are the only places to get Dr. Pepper
>EA does nothing with SPORE for 2 years while the promotion with Dr. Pepper stands on for 23 more months than intended
>Meanwhile, EA released 2 spin-offs, SPORE Hero for the Wii, and SPORE Hero Arena for the DS. They are fun (I bought them), but sell very, very poorly.
>EA does nothing with Core SPORE game
>Releases Diablo-based spinoff of SPORE, known as Darkspore (I beta tested it). Massive flop, sells so poorly you can get it at Wal-Mart for $15.00 (not exagerrating)
>While doing this, the severely buggy game SPORE has gotten no patches, bugfixes, or expansions while the three spinoffs and the promotion run their course.
>Pissed-off fanbase (including me) believes SPORE series to be dead at the present, and it probably is. They are most likely going to leave this terribly buggy game as is.

tl;dr: EA got rights to SPORE after Will Wright left EA, and then EA completely forgeted up the series

They should've stuck to making sports games. It was something they were good at.
Now they're buying companies through contracts and stuff (i.e, DICE), and offering them big money for their name pasted everywhere.

HEY LOOK A GARBAGE CAN WITH EA LOGO
HEY LOOK A ROCK WITH EA LOGO
HEY LOOK AN EA LOGO WITH AN EA LOGO ON IT

Maybe they'll make a new Peggle. :D

I really hate EA right now.

If Maxis was in control, SPORE would be the best videogame ever made