Author Topic: Lag by Errors  (Read 1641 times)

I was on (I think, I'm not sure of the clan tag part of the name, can't remember) [EL] Public server and whenever I looked at the spawn area or in it, I got horrible lag. When I checked ping, it was about 4-200. I checked my console to find THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of errors. Attached if my log of them all. Badspot, I'm unsure if you fixed this problem, but if you did, I thank you.

The error that appears the most is:
ERROR: ShapeBase::loadMeshColors() - mMeshObjects.size() != numMeshColors

Badspot

• Administrator
Yeah I've seen the same thing.  Some add-on did something dumb probably.  Time to beef up the error handling. 

Lock it in the gym and dont let it out.

Stuff it in your locker.

That lag was soooo annoying, since my ping was so low, and there were so little bricks. It was on slopes, and the server was [EuA] Public, not [EL] Public.

I think that error may be while the bricks are loading - it can't find the mesh/textures/etc for a non-loaded brick so it errors up. Was it still lagging once all the bricks had loaded?

Badspot

• Administrator
I believe it's caused by the airliner add-on.  It's kind of weird because the only way it could happen is if the server sent you a different model than the one it's actually using.  I guess that's possible if there is more than one airliner.dts in different directories on the server. 

Happened again on Afghanistan server, I'm still there now. If I look at the whole build, this happens. USSR has a script that keeps you from building unless you are in USSR and meaning admin, and this is a theme server so no vehicles are there except for a jeep or 2.

It happens to me aswell, but only on the USSR afghanistan deathmatch server. I was on there for a couple of minutes before i noticed, and when i quit. My console was 7mb from that line just repeated over and over again.

I didn't notice it. It may have been from the glitch where blocks are duplicated somewhere else on the map, when they really are not there.

I believe it's caused by the airliner add-on.  It's kind of weird because the only way it could happen is if the server sent you a different model than the one it's actually using.  I guess that's possible if there is more than one airliner.dts in different directories on the server. 
There is more then just the airliner I have at least 2 versions of uzi.dts, The Airliner v2 was meant to copy over the old one but seeing as many many players only download things once they never bother to check to see if there is an update. A way I could fix these problems is by making a folder with my things inside it but yet again players will not bother getting it.

After seeing so many server having these problems I will start moving my items into a new folder hoping to resolve these problems.

Badspot

• Administrator
The solution is to not name your models generic things like "uzi" or "airliner" that may interfere with other people's models.  Putting them in a subdirectory is a good way to avoid that.  Also if you update your model, change the name ie badspots_leet_uzi_v2.dts that way people will auto-download the new version from the server

I was going to do some thing like add-ons/shapes/Packers/v1/Airliner.dts
and have a v2 folder for any thing newer, thats pretty much the same thing just more spreed out.