Author Topic: /Vyx - A New Beginning.  (Read 12270 times)

Long term players looking to settle down into a clan with a controlled environment. Nyx was created by Arch and Koloce, looking for a challenge and some fun. Nyx looks to pride itself on being an active clan, completing at least one project a month. Activity is an important aspect of Nyx. Seeing many clans lately die of inactivity or just be made and not complete one thing is one of the leading factors of creation. We offer a building branch as well as an eventing branch to allow diversity in our builds and membership.

8/6/2011 - Clan formed.
8/7/2011 - Plans for HQ started.
8/11/2011 - Clan HQ building started!
8/13/2011 - After a two day period of trying to build a clan HQ, we got bored. We will wait a little until we have more hands to help out. In the mean time, bring on more builds!

Here at Nyx we have a building branch as well as an eventing branch. Each have different standards on getting in.

Building

Size is not an issue in the building branch. What matters is quality. Whether or not the build is five hundred bricks, or fifty thousand bricks, they will be judged the same way. This being said, it is hard to have a 'starting point ' on how exactly your build should look. Here are a few guidelines.

- Requires effort. If it looks like you made it in an hour, it probably won't be enough.
- Creativity is a must. Of course, a great house build may have a chance, but if you make it something that has never been done before, the chances of acceptance will be much higher.
- Quality over Quantity. There is no brick limit.

Eventing

To get into the eventing branch, you must prove that you have a grip on some of the most complex events. This includes the use of relay system and Variable Conditional events. At least one is required.

- Show you bare intelligence with complexity and originality.
- In all of the bricks combined, there should be more than thirty lines of events. If relays are used, the limit can be lowered to twenty lines.
- Must use either Relay Systems or Variable Conditional Events, or both.

Trainee

If a person applies for either of the two, but don't exactly have what it takes, but still shows interest in joining, they will be offered a spot in the trainee branch. The trainees will still help out with our builds, eventing and building, and hopefully learning. If they show that they are learning, they can be promoted into the regular branches. Trainees can not become Directors or Officers.

When finished with a build, you can alternatively post it on the forums, but please post a link to the thread here.

For each branch, there is a leader, director, and officers. The leader is in lead, whilst the director is more of a co-leader than anything else. The officers are administrators who are dedicated and loyal to the clan, being active more than others. 

After the first project, hopefully, a director and officers will be chosen. The director of each branch will be elected, after two director nominees are decided by the leaders of each branch. Officers will be chosen by Koloce and Arch, and will have administrative powers on the Nyx Dedicated server. The officers will be the most active and loyal members.

The director position is more of a duty. The director will have to me more active than other members. If the director is inactive for a week without excuse or prior warning, their position will be stripped. They are expected to help organize each event more than the regular members and officers.

Building

Leader : Arch - 3968
Director : Undecided
Officers : Undecided

Members:
- SirLancelot7 - 3824
- Right -  19588
- Conan - 4928
- Joxus - 3977
Eventing

Leader : Koloce - 1473
Director : Undecided
Officers : Munk - 11977

Members:
- Pyrle - 11111

Trainees

Eventing Trainees
- Logo4154 - 11208

Building Trainees
- Munk - 11977

The Nyx Clan Tag depends on your branch. For building, it is /Vb, as for eventing, /Ve.

Each month, Nyx has a different clan project. These will follow a rough schedule by week.

Week 1 : Planning. Every member can help by creating a 'blueprint' so to say, of the build in general. This can be done on paper, with bricks, or in text. The last days of week one there will be a poll on each member's plans, and the members will vote on the final plan. Making a plan is nice, but not necessary.

Week 2 : Building. Participation in building and eventing is necessary. During this week, members are expected to come and help build at least three times. If work is done smoothly, we should be ready for next week.

Week 3 : Finishing touches. During this week, building and eventing will be finished up, and small changes will be made. Pictures will be taken, and eventually it will be uploaded to the forums.

Current Project :

Finished Projects :
None.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 09:14:57 PM by Arch »

Congratulating Munk as the first official eventing officer.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 08:23:09 PM by koloce »

As of now, Starcraftman's 24/7 Dedicated Server is running!

Feel free to come and freebuild, or event. Once a project is decided upon, it will be the location of the project build.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 06:02:57 PM by Arch »

Mine will change when needed in order to update important information once we get things going.

Thanks for the bump.

Eventing my application right now!

EDIT: Woo, I'm in!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 05:49:51 PM by Pyrle »

Eventing my application right now!

Good to know c:

Please welcome Trainee - Logo4154, as well as the trainee branch.

I had an amazing city that I could've used as an application, but all my saves were deleted last week :c

You can stop by to make one from scratch whenever you wish.

I had an amazing city that I could've used as an application, but all my saves were deleted last week :c

D'aww. Did you get any pictures?

Also, welcome Pyrle to the eventing branch.

Very nice-looking clan, good luck with it.

I agree it looks nice. Hope to see this go long.

I agree it looks nice. Hope to see this go long.

Thank you for your support c:!

Also, welcome Munk to eventing, as well as a building trainee!

Come on builders, don't be shy!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 07:54:28 PM by Arch »

D'aww. Did you get any pictures?

I got three pictures (these were taken at different times so they are unrelated):

These weren't very good pictures.

Oh here is one I found that sorta has the park in it: