Author Topic: New Scripter  (Read 1516 times)

I'm gonna start learning scripting from today and so-forth. Cuz im a BL_ID 8448 and I still don't know all the features of scripting. So I'm gonna need any tutorials you guys can post on here or anybody who is willing to help me and stuff.

Or you could just go to the coding help section and look at all the sticky posts...

Or you could just go to the coding help section and look at all the sticky posts...
I'd rather do it in a tutorial form. Not like in a list of stuff and what they do.

Dude the thing about scripting is you gotta be HARDCORE and willing to HUNT DOWN AND GUT THE ANSWERS yourself because NOBODY WANTS TO HANDHOLD WHINY stuffBAGS WHO THINK THEY CAN GET A CHARITY DRIVE OF INFORMATION GOING. Just a helpful tip.

I'm 7218. I don't script/code except for Garry's Mod, and barely. Just because you have a low ID doesn't mean you should know how to script.

I'm 7218. I don't script/code except for Garry's Mod, and barely. Just because you have a low ID doesn't mean you should know how to script.
I know but I still want to learn how to script.  :panda:

I know but I still want to learn how to script.  :panda:
If you ask how to script you will never learn how to god damned script.
Look up some tutorial on the web about the engine scripting or just dont script at all.
"want" is not the right word here, what you want is slaving over to learn it.

Scripting isn't as hard as people think it is.

If you can think logistically and learn new things, and have any kind of sense of insight, scripting is pretty simplistic.

Basically, you can have someone teach you, which can be slow and confusing, because normally there's no trial-and-error factor, or you can learn yourself.

I had someone get me into scripting, but with very little guidance. I started trying to make things, then got better after I understood mistakes, and eventually was just able to do it like it was a second language.

Scripting isn't as hard as people think it is.

If you can think logistically and learn new things, and have any kind of sense of insight, scripting is pretty simplistic.

Basically, you can have someone teach you, which can be slow and confusing, because normally there's no trial-and-error factor, or you can learn yourself.

I had someone get me into scripting, but with very little guidance. I started trying to make things, then got better after I understood mistakes, and eventually was just able to do it like it was a second language.
Did it myself + Mr. Wallet's emails.

Best evor.