NPC Drivers

Author Topic: NPC Drivers  (Read 1039 times)

Quick question: Is it possible to make a vehicle drive on its own (with or without bots)?

Place a bot spawn above a vehicle, event it to give the bot the "wandering" movement type, and disable collision on the bot spawn. He'll drive it around.

Zone events. If you want I can post a quick example and instructions on how to do it if you do not understand what to do.

Place a bot spawn above a vehicle, event it to give the bot the "wandering" movement type, and disable collision on the bot spawn. He'll drive it around.
I want him to drive it to a specific location, not in circles.

Zone events. If you want I can post a quick example and instructions on how to do it if you do not understand what to do.
I know, but I was seeing if there was a different way, in case other vehicles will be crossing its path.

a bot can't control the vehicle, although you can control the vehicle with events making it teleport or add velocity

Ive found that Rotondo's Zombie mod zombies when spawned and places inside a vehicle will drive them around randomly outside a minigame. But there is no way to control where they go.

Found it!

Just turn on the "vector" option on for the bot, and make him/the vehicle (I don't know, still have to test) where you want him to drive. You'll have to stop it with something like an invisible brick or a zone.

Found it!

Just turn on the "vector" option on for the bot, and make him/the vehicle (I don't know, still have to test) where you want him to drive. You'll have to stop it with something like an invisible brick or a zone.

OH BOY!

Nice bump. That really wasn't necessary at all.

a bot can't control the vehicle, although you can control the vehicle with events making it teleport or add velocity
a bot can control a vehicle, I've had one do it before

a bot can control a vehicle, I've had one do it before

Yeah, if you set to bot to wander. A bot can NOT though, drive to a certain point and then back VIA events.