Author Topic: Desecr8 - '8-Bit' Overhead Shooter Game  (Read 533 times)

Desecr8 is a game that I am slowly but surely making and updating. It is an overhead pixel-art style game that is meant to be simple and fun.
There is no story (at least so far), but there are some maps to play on with their own set objectives.
So far, the game is a shooter game, where your main target is skeletons and archers. The skeletons and archers are obviously trying to kill you, but you can match their power with shotguns, smgs, pistols, grenade revolvers, and grenades. There is an ammo system, so you will eventually run out unless you find ammo boxes or another gun. The game is very fast paced, and you will need quick fingers for running around.

This image was taken in v0.2-v0.3.
In the game you will find wooden crates and wooden tables that you can pick up and set down to use as barricades. Tables will be placed with the flat top forward, and you can shoot over them. Wooden crates can not be shot through, and they will eventually break and drop a random ammo crate or medkit. These barricades can be broken by skeletons, so you have to use them wisely.

More info on controls and object properties. The info on this page may have errors, or may not include info on important objects. I quickly wrote that up and was on my way.
This will tell you the specifics on how to play and what can be expected from certain objects. What they do, what they give you, whatever.

If you would like to try it out, you can download it here:
http://sites.google.com/site/desecr8game/download
I recommend reading the How To Play page first, since the control instructions I put in the game were half-assed and take way too long to make.

Enjoy. Keep in mind, I am still working on this, and will be for some time, but I do not release new versions often. I am currently working on a split screen multiplayer, so it will be a while before a new version is out. There are a few bugs with the latest version that I am already aware of, like Pistol ammo not showing up correctly, but stuff like that should be fixed in the new version.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 01:38:57 PM by Azerath »

Hey i know this is a long bump but this game is pretty fun.
The problem i have with it is that you cannot turn around which makes closing some doors and putting some barricades into a difficulter status than it should be.

Very nice game.
Things I would change: When you try and move a different direction it first makes you face that direction without moving you. Would make placing barricades easier. I would also make archers only fire at you if they have a line of sight.