Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons Megathread  (Read 666 times)

I am not seeing too many role-playing board games inb4nerd so I am posting this.
In case you didn't know:
Dungeons & Dragons (abbreviated as D&D or DnD) is a fantasy role-playing game (RPG) originally designed by Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson, and first published in 1974 by Tactical Studies Rules, Inc. (TSR). The game has been published by Wizards of the Coast since 1997. It was derived from miniature wargames with a variation of the Chainmail game serving as the initial rule system. D&D's publication is widely regarded as the beginning of modern role-playing games and the role-playing game industry.
tl;dr It's a role playing board game with lots of dice.

If you haven't played this, I'd suggest that you do. You would need a D20, D12, D10, D8, and a D6 (D is dice. The number obviously represents how many numbers it has.)

If you have played it, discuss your favorite weapons, races, classes, monsters, versions of the game, etc.

AND NO, I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS ONLINE!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 12:35:33 AM by johnnyboy »

nerd
I also seen a webcomic mocking this game.

Webcomics mock a lot of games. It's just that the only people that I have seen play this game actually have an imagination.
mock imagination wut

I used to play this like every day with my friends at school, back like 4 years or so.

I loved it so much.

DUUUDE. I love DDO. What's your username?

You're loving hilarious. I'm dying of laughter.

I enjoyed Munchkinz spinoff of Dungeons and Dragons more.
Level 8 Half elf wizard with the staff of napalm h8rs ton h8te.

I tend to lose my dice before I actually get around to playing.

baump

Vow of Poverty is completely overpowered. Sure you can't pick up hardly anything, but those bonuses are too amazing.
coolguy

big bump

I just started playing dungeons and dragons online, made a dwarf fighter.

I really love the DM voice, its one of the things that set this game ahead of other mmos for me.

Also, I really want to get into real Dungeons and Dragons but haven't. I don't really have anyone to play with. My friend bought the guides and stuff, but as a group we can't just sit down and play it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 08:31:14 PM by Littledude »