Author Topic: "World of Cars" - A Random Assortment of Cars from All Around the World  (Read 62248 times)

First of all thank you for checking out this topic!

While I made this topic on an impulse, but I have been toying with something like this for quite a while. I know that some of you might say that we have enough cars already, but I think a little diversity never hurts.

Some might be slightly disappointed as the name of the thread is "World of Cars", but I am planning to make and release other vehicles too at my own pace and my own time. So this won't be done soon, but each time I'm done with something it will be released.

This topic is intended to serve as a discussion place for my upcoming vehicles, comments, critique, questions and requests are welcome alike.

And now for my plans:

World of Cars

The basic idea is to have a few very characteristic cars and light commercial vehicles from the following countries/regions:

• England
  • France
  • Germany
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Sweden
  • COMECON countries
  • USA

List of planned vehicles:
(Subject to changes, depending on my mood; if you can't find your favourite don't worry)

-list to be updated soon; refer to this post-

These cars would serve as a basis for the vehicles in Blockland, as they will get a "Blocko" treatment so the end result would be something generic while also unique in a way.

Miscellaneous Stuff

This should be a list for a random assortment of things, like tractors, heavy commercial vehicles, even aeroplanes.

Stay tuned for more!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 02:08:03 PM by Barnabas »

Oh god loving yeessssssssss

Wow!! This sounds awesome! :D
I have noticed that most of the cars in Blockland look odd if you know what I mean when they're all used together in an RP or something along those lines. It find it works best if they're all under the same style.

WOO HOO! Can't wait to see the finished products.

forget YEAH! COUNTACH FTW!

We've been needing more good vehicles.

And to top it off, a good modeler is doing this. Let's hope this doesn't die.

oh my God damn MOTHER loving YES

EDIT: just saw the Countach. that car was a bitch in Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2(?) on the PC. God damn. always beat my Diablo SV
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 07:00:15 PM by Aeschylus »

1957 Ford Thunderbird
Triumph

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6717/zaz968mdw4.jpg
ZAZ-968. Where did you get the idea to make this? (click teh link, would've pagestretched.)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 08:32:27 PM by Nasoa »

but the amc gremlin is a turd :c

HOLY GOD OF MOTHERforget. YES! HOLY MOTHERloving stuff (sorry for the over use of forget) HOLY SHIITT... YEEESSSSSSSSSSSS. I CANNOT WAIT FOR RELEASE. ASDF YEEEEEAAAAA

What would be your favorite vehicle Barnabas?

Yes. May you have success in completing your cars.

also:

69 Triumph TR6

I have been working on managing the list. Here's what I came up with so far:

Tier 1:

England:

Theme: Swinging 60's

Aim: to recreate a set of cars up until 1967

Bread-and-butter cars
  • Austin ADO16
  • Ford Cortina Mk1
  • Hillman Minx
  • Mini  - work in progress - model done, time to make the script - In-game name: "Supermini"
  • Morris Minor
  • Vauxhall Victor

Swingin' Sportcars
  • Austin Healey
  • Aston-Martin DB5
  • Jaguar E-Type
  • MG MGB
  • Triumph TR3

Classy Cars
  • Daimler Sovereign
  • Jaguar MkII
  • Rolls Royce Phantom V
  • Rover 2000

Miscellaneous (light commercial vehicles, funny stuff)
  • Austin FX4 (The London Taxi)
  • Bedford HA - wip - in-game name: "Luton Utility"
  • Land Rover Series II
  • Milk Float (absolutely generic) - wip - model ready, waiting to be scripted
  • Reliant Regal Supervan - the car Mr. Bean makes crash, roll-over, and do other tricks

The cars on the list for inspirational purposes I won't make exact replicas of them, hell I might even mash up a few of them into one vehicle.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 04:10:37 PM by Barnabas »

i'm asssuming you will make the early model of the 240 with the round headlights?
also it wouldn't hurt to make a trashy swedish hick version of it with a confederate flag on the bonnet either :)