Server - Custom Trust

Author Topic: Server - Custom Trust  (Read 619 times)

Its a server add-on that will enhance the build trust feature. There will be a command called /settrust or something else and it will bring up this GUI showing a custom trust button and the things that the person can do and can't do if they have your custom trust. If the options are set then you can say /gct 'playername' and it will give that player custom trust.

Instead of a command, why not have it accessible though a settable key bind? I hate typing things in to use a feature, I always forget the command in time making me have to look it up again.

I like the idea, I don't like how I cant wand other peoples bricks even with full trust..
Being able to customize trust levels would be cool.

Instead of a command, why not have it accessible though a settable key bind? I hate typing things in to use a feature, I always forget the command in time making me have to look it up again.

I like the idea, I don't like how I cant wand other peoples bricks even with full trust..
Being able to customize trust levels would be cool.
but isn't settable keybinds only useable for client sided add-ons?
EDIT: I mean i'm don't know a whole lot about scripting but a server-sided add on can't change the way a default GUI looks right?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 02:02:52 PM by PurpleMetro »

A simple slash command like '/customtrust "build/wand/paint/etc" blid' and then the person who recieved it has to uses an accept or deny command, or maybe even use the same /customtrust to handle multiple trusts invites

Adding a GUI and all the various features that the current trust system has would be a lot of work, and require a client-side add-on, which is never ideal for a rather simple script like this

A simple slash command like '/customtrust "build/wand/paint/etc" blid' and then the person who recieved it has to uses an accept or deny command, or maybe even use the same /customtrust to handle multiple trusts invites

Adding a GUI and all the various features that the current trust system has would be a lot of work, and require a client-side add-on, which is never ideal for a rather simple script like this
thats what i was saying. GUI's would be a whole lot easier but its just not required.

I don't like that everything has to be some slash command you have to type out.

Well this is blockland and you came to play this game so just deal with it or leave.

Nobody does, but distributing a GUI to every player just so they can use a simple script is even more annoying.

Well this is blockland and you came to play this game so just deal with it or leave.
no

forget off

Nobody does, but distributing a GUI to every player just so they can use a simple script is even more annoying.
it doesn't have to be a GUI, just press a key or add buttons to F2 menu

it doesn't have to be a GUI, just press a key or add buttons to F2 menu
You would still have to distribute it to every player that wants to use it.

This is actually something that should be included in the game. I would like to be able to allow specific actions to various people (ie, I can let Blockhead14566662 have paint trust, but maybe PressMe can have paint AND brick planting trust).

You would still have to distribute it to every player that wants to use it.
upload it?

This is actually something that should be included in the game. I would like to be able to allow specific actions to various people (ie, I can let Blockhead14566662 have paint trust, but maybe PressMe can have paint AND brick planting trust).
Cna i paint 2?

Cna i paint 2?
All the features that you can do to another person's bricks are included in custom trust as which features are restricted and unrestricted. And sorry but / commands must be done.