Item Icon Request

Author Topic: Item Icon Request  (Read 3888 times)

Nice *takes*No, you can't have it.

Why not? I liek it... It rocks... D:

Why not? I like it... It rocks... D:
Get your own, it's easy.

Okay seriously now. Why aren't you recoloring the default sword icon to brown?

OP copy paste the .cs file for your sword here, you don't need to make a new icon just to recolor it...

Get your own, it's easy.

Dude, you have NO IDEA how noob scripter i am. And I cant even find a decent model editing program. Milkshape 3D apparently requires something or other to get a lisence and I have no clue what. I dont have a whole lot of time.

Dude, you have NO IDEA how noob scripter i am. And I cant even find a decent model editing program. Milkshape 3D apparently requires something or other to get a lisence and I have no clue what. I dont have a whole lot of time.

Weapon_Sword, copy the file, open the copy, take the black25/ black50/ blank PNG files, open them with paint, change colors to brown brown and brown, and put them back.

Brown sword.
Its called a texture swap. Just don't release them, people don't generally like those.

Weapon_Sword, copy the file, open the copy, take the black25/ black50/ blank PNG files, open them with paint, change colors to brown brown and brown, and put them back.

Brown sword.
Its called a texture swap. Just don't release them, people don't generally like those.

Yeah ok, i mean... OH I SEE! Thank you!

I sure wish someoen had told me No Scripting Or Modeling Knowledge Neccesary.

Yeah ok, i mean... OH I SEE! Thank you!

I sure wish someoen had told me No Scripting Or Modeling Knowledge Neccesary.
But it is helpful to change damage, change sword's name so it actually works, ect.

But it is helpful to change damage, change sword's name so it actually works, ect.

Well, yeah, but i mean figuring out what THAT is is just basic logic.

Not quite basic knowledge. Changing a weapon/items name does involve going into it's script and changing all the names that specify the old item. Any easy was through that is to go into the .cs and replace all the names, in this case "sword", to what ever else you want. Just keep the name of the shape file the same. (.dts files) Unless you change the .dts name too. Otherwise the model won't show ingame. Your also going to have to change the name check file, and the whole file name. (Spaces are _s)

get the default sword icon and use sepia effect if you have it. if not, get a paint program

No you fools. Jam this into the sword item datablock
Code: [Select]
doColorShift = true;
colorShiftColor = "1 1 1 1";
and change the color to your brown.

Brown sword.

Also don't do this, it's loving handicapped.

Just use the trans textures and define the colour throgh script, if you can't do that don't even bother.

Goo to Construct
Build tower of invisible blocks
Spawn Wooden Sword on top
Take picture at fun angle
Edit out
Move in front of template
Place in ZIP file
???
Profit.
Construct has very bad lighting for anybody who read this. If you take your icon pictures in Blockland, atleast use Skylands.

What's with all the scripting advice?  This shouldn't take more than 2 minutes.  "HINT" -> You can use Ctrl-F to search for words.  In the script, you can use this awesome sneaky method to find all the "Sword"s that are in the coding.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post. 

Also don't do this, it's loving handicapped.

Just use the trans textures and define the colour throgh script, if you can't do that don't even bother.
...you do know that these guys can't do anything.  I figured this after reading the topic, so Mr. Nobody's advice helps them "Do the impossible".  If they don't release it, who really cares how they achieve it.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post. 

Construct has very bad lighting for anybody who read this. If you take your icon pictures in Blockland, atleast use Skylands.

NO!  Jesus christ, how hard is it to build a light brick, or move the item and take the SS from a different angle?  Skylands isn't a white background.