Author Topic: Missing Blockland Folders  (Read 1954 times)

Rex

I don't think this has been posted before, I searched a little...

Here's the problem:

In my blockland directory folder, I can only see one folder. (Add-ons) I used to be able to access and use the other folders.
Blockland still works fine, but I don't know why if all of the base scripts were deleted...
Please help. I'm a technological fool.  :cookieMonster:

Rex

Halp wecks pls?  :panda:

You some how Hidden the files... like wtf. Go into Tools/Folder Options... then goto View then scroll down to Show hidden Files and folders and tick it then hit Apply then see if there are there.

If they don't turn up and BL still works you ether have a computer from the devil or BL is in a different folder.

Why is most of the picture gone? I can't see anything but the top-left quarter of your screen. How are you launching Blockland, anyway?

Rex

Thanks, Packer. Ima do that now.

Space, I was planning to only show that corner because the rest is blank anyway, but I was too lazy. lol.
I play blockland with a shortcut from desktop. DUR.  :cookieMonster:

EDIT: It doesn't work, packer. :(
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 12:34:22 PM by Rex »

Just to make sure you understand Rex, without Base folder, the dll files that are usually there, and the Blockland.exe...the game wouldn't even start. Base folder houses stuff for pretty much EVERYTHING, the dll files...make the game...process...and the exe runs it all.

Okay, it seems like your blockland stuff must be in another folder... GO to your shortcut, right click it, go to properties, and check where the shortcut leads to. If it's not the Blockland folder your Add-Ons folder is in, go to the folder it says and check there. If it is the Blockland folder... Okay, two possibilities. Either your whole blockland folder is INSIDE blockland\Add-Ons and you had somehow moved all the files into the Add-Ons folder, or... you have one strrraaaaannnnggggeeeee computer... Also, did you do the thing the poster a few above me said about unhiding files? If so, do the things I suggested. If not, GO DO IT! :)

You some how Hidden the files... like wtf. Go into Tools/Folder Options... then goto View then scroll down to Show hidden Files and folders and tick it then hit Apply then see if there are there.

If they don't turn up and BL still works you ether have a computer from the devil or BL is in a different folder.
Wrong Slezak, Add-Ons wouldn't work if everything else was in another folder. As Pack says, they are hidden.

No, What I mean is, he MAY HAVE installed Blockland to another folder besides C:\Program Files\Blockland (I have mine installed to C:\Program Files\BlocklandRetail) and when he installed an add-on, he inadvertantly entered in the directory in most posts (which is C:\Program Files\Blockland). You may be right, he may have just hidden the files accidentally, I'm just SUGGESTING a POSSIBILITY.

See where your shortcut leads to. I am betting it leads to a different folder. The one that is empty is probably a Blockland that you uninstalled.

We are going to have to put this file in the unexplainable the unimaginable The Twilight Zone.

Rex

I found what happened. Thanks to StoreClerk, I remembered to check where the shortcut leads to. (<3 Store)

It leads to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Blockland. This is not where it installed it; the blockland folders were originally where they were supposed to be. I did reinstall blockland to try and fix the "Banned players crash servers" glitch (which failed. Miserably. All I did was lose my brick favorites) This also explains why I download addons I already have when I join other servers; blockland checks the folder that the blockland.exe is in for the add-on, not your computer. What is odd is that the addons in the original folder still work with my game.

A thanks to all that helped me fix this problem; it was bugging me and my technological backward-ness.

Rex

:cookieMonster: OMFG WASTE OF POSTS.