Poll

Think we need this?

Yes
8 (44.4%)
No
10 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Username Changing  (Read 2190 times)

Title. Nuff' said...

Too many people who want to get rid of the crappy names they thought of when they first joined the forums. Not to mention those with in-game names that don't apply to their forum names.

Badspot stopped doing name changes for a reason. Probably too annoyed or lazy or something.

I would rather not let users be able to change them on their own as well.

So just live with it. It's just a name.

Badspot stopped doing name changes for a reason. Probably too annoyed or lazy or something.

I would rather not let users be able to change them on their own as well.

So just live with it. It's just a name.

I could go on with my name as it is but it got old too fast. I want something that defines me better.

Your good grammar and seemingly respectable intelligence defines you just fine. :]

Maybe when you setup your forum account you enter your key. It would find your ingame name and set your forum name?

^ This ^
This would also make it to where when forum accounts get banned, you can't just make another one because you'll need your key.

^ This ^
This would also make it to where when forum accounts get banned, you can't just make another one because you'll need your key.

That would not help, especially since it would ALSO apply to new users, thus making demo mode glitches unsolvable, and the whole 'I didnt get the key I payed for' thread all moot.

Able to make guest account and post in Help.

Able to make guest account and post in Help.

Ah. However I think Badspot ended username changing because trolls who were generally frowned upon would change their usernames constantly to get away from a bad rep. However, TomTom discovered an admin script that changes what your username is displayed as in Chat. Some sort of clan tag modification or something weird like that.

Maybe if you go to a player's profile you can see their passed names. They won't be able to escape the rep!!

Maybe if you go to a player's profile you can see their passed names. They won't be able to escape the rep!!

Yeah, and Tomtom refused to share the script D:

Yeah, and Tomtom refused to share the script D:

why are you linking an in game script with thr fourms.
And the reason of refusal is obvious, most peopole who had it would abuse it on there server renamig anyone. That and anybody with resombly basic scripting knowedge can do it.

I know how to do it with events.. I could probobly make the same thing.

why are you linking an in game script with thr fourms.
And the reason of refusal is obvious, most peopole who had it would abuse it on there server renamig anyone. That and anybody with resombly basic scripting knowedge can do it.

HOLY SH*T i didnt think you came around here. And yes, i know its abusable. I would not abuse it, I know that, but you are not me so you do not know that. And I dont have reasonably basic scripting knowledge. General never did respond.

How does general come into this