Author Topic: Bitcoin  (Read 4535 times)

I am interested.
Why do they need your graphics card?
Or any processing power?
What are they doing with it?
They don't tell that anywhere.

This concept will go nowhere far.

your graphics card makes attempt at a random code

it's like guessing a random set of numbers, say 1-10

you card will guess in order until it guesses the correct number, then you get a share

a certain amount of shares are in a block, usually in the tens-hundreds of thousands, sometimes millions

when in a mining pool, everyone works together to get all the shares in a block and everyone gets paid according to how many shares he found

if you mine solo, you have to find all the blocks and then you get all the 50 BTC in the block

you can mine with your CPU, but it's really slow

if you have a radeon 5830 you can mine with 250-300 Mhash/s, with a pentium duo core you can mine with 2 mhash/s

How fast can you get a bitcoin with a ATI radeon 6700?
I just want to know so i can confirm that i'm not wasting 1 year of my life for 1 bit coin.

bitcoin: that thing where you set your computer on fire and get paid a little for it

How fast can you get a bitcoin with a ATI radeon 6700?
I just want to know so i can confirm that i'm not wasting 1 year of my life for 1 bit coin.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison

there are 6750s, 6770s, and 6790s

I am interested.
Why do they need your graphics card?
Or any processing power?
What are they doing with it?
They don't tell that anywhere.

This concept will go nowhere far.
I do have to say it'd be cool if they did distributed computing with this.

To all the people complaining: I spent $1200 of my own money to buy hardware. 2 1/2 months later I had the money back in my bank account, and now continue to mine. Two month ROI? What other business can promise that? On a side note, I don't pay extra for electricity while I'm at the dorms, so for the next few months I'm getting a great deal, except for the $1000's I'm spending on college...

To all the people complaining: I spent $1200 of my own money to buy hardware. 2 1/2 months later I had the money back in my bank account, and now continue to mine. Two month ROI? What other business can promise that? On a side note, I don't pay extra for electricity while I'm at the dorms, so for the next few months I'm getting a great deal, except for the $1000's I'm spending on college...
The point here is that it might seem handicapped. The coins might be useless. And you might hate everyone who's ever tried it.
But people made money off of it, and even if you don't want to make a fortune, it's kinda a novelty thing to have a few coins, mined or not.

i hav 42 bitpennies

am i win

you can mine with your CPU, but it's really slow

if you have a radeon 5830 you can mine with 250-300 Mhash/s, with a pentium duo core you can mine with 2 mhash/s
And this is because graphics card manufacturers/designers have literally packed their own type of processing cores into their chips and use APIs (DirectX, OpenGL, etc.) to access and use those cores on the GPU.