Author Topic: Laptop help  (Read 361 times)

Alright, so about a month ago my Toshiba laptop had slid off my couch while it was charging and landed on the charging port, set some component of the charging part of the laptop loose and now it doesn't charge. The rest of the laptop works fine, just not the charger.
Apparently my warranty doesn't cover that damage, so I would have to pay some $256 for someone to fix a component in my laptop that probably isn't even worth $10. Which isn't an option.

So I'll have to fix it myself, seeing as there aren't any laptop repair shops anywhere near either.
Thing is, I've never done any work on a laptop before and therefor have zero experience with this sort of thing, plus I don't even know the name/part number of the component or how to get the part number/get at the component itself.

I was wondering if any of you had some experience with this and could help me. It would be greatly appreciated.
The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5085

That's happened to my toshiba laptop too, Only it still charges, I just have to fish around for the charging part inside of it now and again.
"6017B0258101" perhaps?
Depends what the problem actually is i guess.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:46:57 PM by tails »

Buy Acquire a new charger.

most laptops have this flaw.

Buy Acquire a new charger.
I have done this already, it isn't just the cable but I think the cable was damaged aswell. It's the component inside of the laptop, but thanks for the advice anyways.
That's happened to my toshiba laptop too, Only it still charges, I just have to fish around for the charging part inside of it now and again.
"6017B0258101" perhaps?
Depends what the problem actually is i guess.
That looks like the right part, thank you.
now I just need to search for a tutorial on how to replace/get to the faulty part.

toshiba laptops indeed suck, my sucks like hell.

toshiba laptops indeed suck, my sucks like hell.
I'm happy with mine, it runs every game and program that I need it for.
only thing I've had go wrong with it so far is some of the 'cosmetics' of the laptop falling off, and of course the power supply plug thing that this topic is about.

Okay cool radio shack does laptop repairs like that for like $40.
Thanks again guys. Locking.