Author Topic: Decent and cheap computer?  (Read 1468 times)

This is a cheap eMachines.

The RAM is stuffty, but you will have plenty of money to buy some decent RAM sticks.

Lemme post my specs, as this is what you'll need to play everything on your list. (dunno about BFBC2 though)

As far as I know you'll need to upgrade the CPU to play the newer games not on your list.

I'm 11, and I live on a farm in basically the middle of nowhere.

(Below $500)

-MW2
-Oblivion
-BFBC2 (maybe, i don't know how more high-end it is compared to MW2)
-All source games
-A lot more.
lol

i'd just save my money up for the next year for an actually good computer.

I have recently been suprised by a company called ZT systems
They sell powerhouse PCs optimized to run as servers.
You basically get all the specs of a super high-end gaming machine minus the graphics card for a fraction of the price.
I took the graphics card from my old computer and popped it into a ZT machine I bought for only $600 (4 core 3.2 ghz and 16 GB RAM w/ massive hard drive holy stuff) and I could max out every game's settings I had with ease.
http://www.ztsystems.com/Default.aspx?tabid=753

You can get six core computers from them for $800

oooh, here's a good one:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/ZT-Systems-7140Ma/16929121
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 09:06:05 PM by Nexus »

uhh
before i get ranted
ill just put m two cents and say uhhh
toshiba?
I
Love

I have recently been suprised by a company called ZT systems
They sell powerhouse PCs optimized to run as servers.
You basically get all the specs of a super high-end gaming machine minus the graphics card for a fraction of the price.
I took the graphics card from my old computer and popped it into a ZT machine I bought for only $600 (4 core 3.2 ghz and 16 GB RAM w/ massive hard drive holy stuff) and I could max out every game's settings I had with ease.
http://www.ztsystems.com/Default.aspx?tabid=753

You can get six core computers from them for $800

oooh, here's a good one:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/ZT-Systems-7140Ma/16929121
So you're paying lots for lots of RAM when a 6 core system should only ever cost max $50 more than a 4 core system?
Also, no GPU. It's not very wise, wise sir.
I have a Lenovo and it runs MW2 fine.
Brand name =/= specifications.
Lemme post my specs, as this is what you'll need to play everything on your list. (dunno about BFBC2 though)

As far as I know you'll need to upgrade the CPU to play the newer games not on your list.
Generally old system, but thanks for sharing, useful for OP.

This is a cheap eMachines.

The RAM is stuffty, but you will have plenty of money to buy some decent RAM sticks.
Overbudget, the RAM is absolutely fine, but the video card sucks more than anti-gravity.

If you're seriously looking for a computer that can run  that stuff on high for under 400 dollars, you sir, are out of luck. Seriously, beg your parents for 20 dollars each week and store it in your ass or something, don't eat lunch at school

family members may not take him as seriously - it's like "aww you're cute you helped me here's $5", in contrast to helping a stranger/whoever where they would take you seriously if you get the job done well
serious or not, you still get money. that's all that matters.

On-topic: be a caddy or newspaper boy, like i did. :c
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 10:38:45 PM by BladeOfTheHorizon »

I'm 11, and I live on a farm in basically the middle of nowhere.

So you're paying lots for lots of RAM when a 6 core system should only ever cost max $50 more than a 4 core system?
Also, no GPU. It's not very wise, wise sir.

The link was to a computer with a 4 core and two gpus adn 16 gb ram for like $650
Pretty good deal imo
No GPU is very wise if you save like 50% or more and jsut buy your own.

The link was to a computer with a 4 core and two gpus adn 16 gb ram for like $650
Pretty good deal imo
No GPU is very wise if you save like 50% or more and jsut buy your own.
Dual Radeon 6610s?
Spare it.
It's like having 2 rice grain size snakees and saying it's better than having a normal one.