Author Topic: Ethan's New Car!  (Read 3785 times)

Yus.

Ford Telstar TX5 XRI 1993:

2.5L V6 KL-DE engine producing ~180 to ~200HP
Manual 5-speed gearbox
Sunroof and Roof racks
Tape and CD player with a decent amplifier
4 wheel ABS brakes
Lowered a bit
Bodykit lip
15" DTM Rims
Cruise Control

Me and a friend tested it the other day. Got it 0 to 50km/h (30mph) in 3.4 seconds, and that was with LOTS of wheelspin. Could be tweaked to be faster with less wheelspin (new tyres, current are quite bald) and could be gotten to 100km/h (60mph) with a short shift to 2nd (2nd gear is amazingly powerful) and the standard awesome acceleration, for a rough 0-60 time for it, of about 5.5 to 6.5 seconds. It's really really fast.

Top speed is apparently 227km/h (141mph) although I have gotten it to 150km/h in 3rd without even trying on a short road. Maybe this one has been tuned.

Pictures:

Front corner, notice the awesome 15" mags.

Another shot of the front.

The back. The whole car has just been resprayed Red.

Front again.

Side, you can see the sunroof.

Another side, lower.

Side again!

uJelly?

The back lights, showing my old Mitsubishi Mirage MIVEC which has a leak in the piston rings :(

Roof, roof racks and sunroof.

Inside.

Grand total: $2000 NZD ($1600 USD)

:D

This is a nice car. Good work c:

Looks exactly like the one I crashed into a day ago....

I like the rims and speed. Looks like the front bumper may have a broken bracket somewhere. Seems like its coming off in the first picture.

I like the rims and speed. Looks like the front bumper may have a broken bracket somewhere. Seems like its coming off in the first picture.
Because he loving clipped my car!

That looks nice.

Hehe, got confused for a sec when I saw the wheel on the right side. :P

Yeah.
Considering the amazing price and it's near perfect condition, it's still a great buy.
This weekend I'm going to sort a few things out.
We paid $170 to get it checked out at the most brown town testing station, and the only faults were:
1 tyre is on the verge of being illegal.
Needs oil change in near future. (easy to do, I have a friend with a garage pit)
Sunroof doesn't slide back. (could be a simple fix)
Needs a little bit more coolant in the radiator. (told you they were over the top)
A tiny bit of fraying on the seatbelts.
Air conditioning doesn't work. (the AC unit is in the way if I want to turbo it in the future anyway lol, and the heater goes to 48C anyway (118.4F))

The engine is in great condition, head gasket is fine, nothing wrong with it :D
No rust at all.

I'll take a look at that bracket.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 08:44:28 PM by Ethan »

I wouldn't call that "really really fast", but it's decent.

That looks nice.

Hehe, got confused for a sec when I saw the wheel on the right side. :P
Haha, oops.
I had all measurements in miles, but forgot to mirror the interior pic for you folk :D

By the way, tested $20 worth of fuel (10 litres). I drove it like a hoon, revving, getting to 60km/h (30mph) in 1st gear, skidding etc, and it got 10kmpl (24mpg). Not bad considering its crazy speed lol.