Poll

?

84 (71.2%)
34 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 210555 times)

I believe it's already been released by DrenDran a long time ago.

But I thought Dren has only been playing Blockland for about a year?

Anyways, this would be extremely useful.

Slayer's been in the toplist for 4 weeks now! Although that's because of updates.

Cheater!
Hahaha it actually does have more than 600 users though.

And by the way, One Man Army is pulling ahead in the poll, from dead last! Which is good, because that's the only one I plan to release anytime soon.

Slayer, I have a good idea for another gamemode.
Jailbreak.
Everytime you kill someone on the other team, they go to your jail. The other team can try to break them out by many ways. (Mainly events, but you could have some bricks too) Then, you could execute the people you jailed! When you do that, those players don't respawn anymore until the next round. Now this would have to have limits, like jail a specific amount of people or get so many points. You could also have capture the flag as an option in this. Capturing the flag would also free your teammates.

Slayer, I have a good idea for another gamemode.
Jailbreak.
Everytime you kill someone on the other team, they go to your jail. The other team can try to break them out by many ways. (Mainly events, but you could have some bricks too) Then, you could execute the people you jailed! When you do that, those players don't respawn anymore until the next round. Now this would have to have limits, like jail a specific amount of people or get so many points. You could also have capture the flag as an option in this. Capturing the flag would also free your teammates.
I remember playing this in Gym. Except I only killed a few people. Maybe a "jail" baseplate to recolor?

I remember playing this in Gym. Except I only killed a few people. Maybe a "jail" baseplate to recolor?
Yeah, I got this idea from a Half life 2 mod. It's called Jailbreak.

What about something simpler, like kill someone from the other team and they're sent to jail and you get one jail member back. First team to jail all players on the other team wins.

Also, Greek it would be nice if you could make it so players outside of the Slayer mini-game could not be killed by those inside it.

And how does one man army work, exactly? 1 vs. All?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 09:18:40 PM by Wesley Williams »

One more thing to add would be the first time you spawn, you get a specific amount of lives. When those lives are up you start getting sent to jail. Each time you are freed you only get 1 life. This would reduce people getting mad from being killed instantly and being sent to jail the moments they start fighting.

Also, Greek it would be nice if you could make it so players outside of the Slayer mini-game could not be killed by those inside it.
Can you please send me a console log? Because this shouldn't be happening, I wonder if something's interfering.

Also, I spent most of my free time today working on an advanced logging system so that I can help people more easily when they have problems.

One more thing to add would be the first time you spawn, you get a specific amount of lives. When those lives are up you start getting sent to jail. Each time you are freed you only get 1 life. This would reduce people getting mad from being killed instantly and being sent to jail the moments they start fighting.
I don't plan on making the jailbreak gamemode any time soon. If you'd like it I suggest that you post something in Suggestions & Requests.

Just request that they make it for Slayer :D

And how does one man army work, exactly? 1 vs. All?
Yup. Speaking of which, does anyone have a good algorithm for determining boss health based on the number of players in the game?

Can you please send me a console log? Because this shouldn't be happening, I wonder if something's interfering.

Yup. Speaking of which, does anyone have a good algorithm for determining boss health based on the number of players in the game?

I will post it when I get the chance... I also found that it breaks the Kill Hider mod.

Boom could cook one up I'm sure.

But I thought Dren has only been playing Blockland for about a year?

Anyways, this would be extremely useful.
Two and a half, actually.
What has?

I will post it when I get the chance... I also found that it breaks the Kill Hider mod.
Yeah it does, I designed that for TDM.

And I already have an algorithm, I'm just curious if anyone has a better one. Also, me and Boom tend not to get along well.

What has?
Your classes script that let them pick weapons and stuff.

Also, me and Boom tend not to get along well.

Oh, ah well. He's told me about some intense scripts he's working on that use complex algorithms.