Author Topic: I wanna be the Boshy  (Read 20054 times)

What is it?
I Wanna Be The Boshy is a very hard game with tons and tons of content and features.
It's inspired by I Wanna Be The Guy, which is a classic game with lots of retro hints to old games from the NES, SNES and others.

Some of the features includes:
Single player mode.
Competetive Coop play.
Race your friends and see who get's to the next savepoint first! There are also ingame CHAT included.
4 different difficulties.
Ez-mode - Ridiculously easy compared to other  difficulties. On this difficulty, the bosses have 50% health and you get a turbo shoot button. There are also ez-blocks which makes the levels a lot easier than they would normally be.
Totally Average-mode - More save points and normal boss health.
Hardon-mode - Normal save points and normal boss health.
You're gonna get raped-mode - 200% boss health and only 1 save before and after each boss. This is only for insane people.
12 worlds.
12 bosses.
Hours and hours of gameplay.
Secret items.
Lots of secret items can be obtained. Some of them can even be used to do funny random stuff in-game!
CDs that can play memorable songs ingame.
Multiple unlockable characters including "The kid" from the original I wanna be the guy games, Kirby, and even creepbear. Some characters need to be unlocked

Screenshots

Creating and joining a multiplayer server.
Joining
To join a Multiplayer server:
1. On the main menu select the "Online" button
2. Find and click the arrow that says "Change profile"
3. Set up your name and select your character (They all control the same, It's just a reskin).
4. After setting up your profile, go back to the online menu and click and arrow next to the words "Change server"
5. Click retrieve list and connect to "aquadasoft.com"
6. After connecting to a server you may need to restart your game.
7. After restarting and going to the online menu find a box on the left with a list of names
8. Enter one of these names in the blank at the top of this box.
9. Click the arrow next to where you entered this name.
10. Wait a few seconds, the server host is being asked to add you to the game.
11. If nothing happens try a different server or try to join this one again (If a server host dies the game glitches and wont let him add new people, so he may have missed it)
12. You're in

Creating a multiplayer game.
1. Follow steps for joining a multiplayer game 1-6
2. In singleplayer, start a new game or load a saved game
3. Press f12, this will show your server on the list of active servers and allow people to join yours
4. After your friends are in, if you want to lock your server so no new people are able to join. just press f12 one more time

Controls
Z = Jump
X = Shoot
R = Restart at last checkpoint (In multiplayer this can also be used to teleport to the last used checkpoint
F2 = Exit current server

Sounds awesome! Where do I get it?
Right here!

I will be hosting a server for the next few hours if anyone wants to join.  My server name will be Crash, I hope to see you there!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 11:34:28 PM by mariofan09 »

Dear lord.
Its like someone took everything
and mashed it all together.

The online run just got past the first boss.  Had to take the server down because my internet is dying a little too often, Gonna contact my ISP, scream at them for about an hour because this has been going on for almost two weeks and once I get it fixed, the server will return.

yeah still no link
God damnit, I knew I was forgetting something when I made the OP.
EDIT: Still need to find out what's wrong with my internet, I'll try to host anyway.

Look like i wanna be the guy.

i SEE A BLACK MAGE
I'M SOLD

there are several characters you can play as, and can unlock