Poll

FOOF

ggggggggggg
9 (32.1%)
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
19 (67.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: David's VTOL contest - Now with 73.925% More flying cars!  (Read 19837 times)

VTOL CONTEST
Brought to you by David656ness (Facepalm)

Currently entered VTOLs:
1.TheKhoz's twin bladed copter VTOL:

2. cciamlazy's bigger Osprey-like VTOL heli:

3.TheKhoz's Fly car VTOL (WHAT THE HE-):

This here is the VTOL contest! The rules? Right 'ere:

RULES
1.Design must be original. It can be based largely off a VTOL but cannot be an exact replica.
2.NO SHINY STUFF OR TOO MUCH DETAIL. Nothing that could potentionally cause lag.
3.Be reasonable. Don't make it have 3,000 guns or missiles on it. Weapons are still accepted, just don't max it out.
4. Do a good job. I don't want to see a box with sticks. Give it style. Not too much though, read #2.
5. Show progress, not problems. Don't flame constantly or flame for no/and obvious reason.
6.THIS IS ADD-ON TYPE. NOT BUILDING.

Deadline: Nov. 1st (Calm down, you have a whole month.)

Reward: A Steam game of your choice! (Under $50)

You're pretty much on your own from there.

Happy modeling/Scripting!

Other:
This can be a team effort.
Need ideas on how to do so?
My thought is use a helicopter datablock, then increase horizontal momentum.

Well...
Gogogogogo!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09:29:58 PM by *FacePalm* »

So...your basically requesting people to make you VTOL (whatevertheforgetthatislol) stuff, but you'll give them a "gold" medal.

itt: a complex scheme to get you to fufill his suggustion

So...your basically requesting people to make you VTOL (whatevertheforgetthatislol) stuff, but you'll give them a "gold" medal.
Actually, everyone on the forums is begging for VTOLs (Hover-able jets), so technically their reward is large amounts of publicity. :U

itt: a complex scheme to get you to fufill his suggustion
Everyone's suggestion.
Also, this is just a neat little contest, to see what the community's got.

Actually, everyone on the forums is begging for VTOLs (Hover-able jets), so technically their reward is large amounts of publicity. :U
I have honestly not seen a request for any sort of hovercraft for like, 5 months now. And I don't see how making a contest will at all give them more publicity unless something like money or Steam games are involved.

I have honestly not seen a request for any sort of hovercraft for like, 5 months now. And I don't see how making a contest will at all give them more publicity unless something like money or Steam games are involved.
Make a VTOL Aircraft.
With the HC mod, i thought that it could possibly work for a harrier jet (which i dont think is on blockland). The Harrier Jet can hover land and or take off possibly. It can land completely vertical.
\Its hovering here.

Of course im not begging for this, but i just thought it might be cool.

Quit with all the contests

Quit with all the contests
Um.
I'm not sure what to say about that...

You posted this to get somebody to make a vehicle for you. This isn't a contest.

I knew when you texted me this idea David I should of told you the warnings.
Unfortunately I had football practice to get to and I got your text after school...

You posted this to get somebody to make a vehicle for you. This isn't a contest.
I didn't make it to force them to make add-ons for me, I want to do a favor for the forum community by granting their requests, as well as seeing what the community has to offer, i'm interested in seeing a VTOL for BL.

I knew when you texted me this idea David I should of told you the warnings.
Unfortunately I had football practice to get to and I got your text after school...
:U

I didn't make it to force them to make add-ons for me, I want to do a favor for the forum community
Also, because I'm in AA, I guess this is kinda for them as well. :/

:U
Was busy brah, hallway full of kids, a girl talking to me, and football practice in 10 minutes.
Ontopic: It sounds nice, I hope someone actually does work on this, but it needs some concepts, people can't just make a VTOL like they can a helicopter or a plane.