Author Topic: Dropshock bought parts for his new computer! (They Arrived!)  (Read 2326 times)

IM DROPSHOK IM SUPPOSED TO BE POOR AS forget
Hey go away nobody likes you.
Also congrats on the new specs mate :D

IM DROPSHOK IM SUPPOSED TO BE POOR AS forget
Woah, woah. The forget? Where in the hell did this come from? That happened ages ago. As in, like over a year ago. We're definitely getting back on track now. We moved into my grandmother's house, and are paying off bills and loans now. We're getting back on track.fuq u

Anways, my parts came last night and I assembled them and it worked on my first try.
I've got it overclocked @ 4.2 GHz and I idle at around ~30C. It's so far, ran everything I've thrown at it. I had no idea how much my system was being bottlenecked by my CPU and RAM. I went from Mass Effect 2 being completely unplayable at lowest settings to running it at highest settings ~70 FPS. God damn.
Here's the Imgur Album of everything.
I forgot to take pictures of the stuff in the boxes because I was too excited to do anything else but assemble it.

Nice, I have a lesser version of that cooler with only 4 pipes and it's serving me well.
What GPU are you using?

Nice, I have a lesser version of that cooler with only 4 pipes and it's serving me well.
What GPU are you using?
Sweet man, I had no idea this would cool my CPU so nicely.
my GPU is a PowerColor 512MB Radeon HD 5770 which I got for $150 or so.

Wow, that looks very impressive.

Wow, that looks very impressive.
It would look a lot nicer if I bought a more modern case that had better cable management, such as the Corsair(?) Obsidian case. I think that's who made it. Just search "Obsidian case" on Newegg.
But I'm happy with this now. I'm really, really happy. c:

So how much is it improved?

if you guys are talking about lovey cases then...

forget yes

also, did you wear an anti-static wristband when putting parts together?

So how much is it improved?
So much you wouldn't even loving believe it. I can actually play video games! Oh my god!
also, did you wear an anti-static wristband when putting parts together?
No, I never have. I have hardwood floor and assembled it on a plastic table. It's not like I was rubbing my feet on carpet constantly or anything. I've never had a problem with static.

i didnt really follow stuff here but if you're still looking for GPUs i can tell you the GTX560 Ti is nice, plays all games i have on full settings (RO2:HoS, Brink, Mafia II etc.), just got it a couple of days ago.

mine gets about 5C to 10C degrees hotter than it should be but thats because stuff's packed real tight in my comp' case.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 06:15:45 PM by Uncle Bengs »

Yeah I'll probably end up getting that. Christmas is coming up, and I plan on grabbing a few things for the computer. A GPU for one, maybe another front case fan? definitely a PCI Wireless card, this piece of stuff USB one disconnects constantly.

Yeah I'll probably end up getting that. Christmas is coming up, and I plan on grabbing a few things for the computer. A GPU for one, maybe another front case fan? definitely a PCI Wireless card, this piece of stuff USB one disconnects constantly.
USB Wireless devices never seem to live up to any expectations, especially internet browsing (i.e. what they're meant to do.)

No, I never have. I have hardwood floor and assembled it on a plastic table. It's not like I was rubbing my feet on carpet constantly or anything. I've never had a problem with static.
I never have when building any systems, and I've built/modified a lot, nothing has ever gone wrong.
I assemble on a glass table, with tile flooring, and just touch the PSU/case chassis every 5 or so minutes just to keep me all good.

Whenever I do computer repair, I typically rub my hands all over the power supply.
Hasn't fried my computers yet.