The Computer Megathread

Author Topic: The Computer Megathread  (Read 405090 times)

What?

An i3 is a CPU, you're picking a GPU.
This makes no sense to me at all
Yeah well I thought there was no logic at all in that statement. I'd tell you to forget I said it but it's pointless now.

Can I run AC:B with this graphics card?

Requirements
Graphics: 256 MB DirectX® 9.0–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (see supported list*)
Supported Video Cards: ATI® RADEON® HD 2000/3000/4000/5000/6000 series, NVIDIA GeForce® 8/9/100/200/300/400/500 series
Nah not really. It would play, but would most likely be super laggy. It's hard to tell for sure cause your video drivers aren't showing what exact model it is.

Hey, I need a new computer, for one this one is so slow that the DESKTOP can go unresponsive and the fact that games lag the heck out of me.

I made a thread explaining about what I found and what I want here
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=214164.0

And if you actually read that topic, I found out that it was in the wrong place >.>

Anyway, I saw a good bit of topics on other forums about getting a custom computer that can run BF3 with good playability and being around 600$, but I have never really done this and im so new I didn't even know what overclocking was until I looked it up.

So just to clarify, I want to be able to find parts for a computer that allow me to have shaders on Blockland but also be able to play alot of other games , for example of types of games I would play  CS:GO, BF3, Left 4 Dead 2.

Can anyone help me? I feel like such a noob for this but im serious xD

I really would like it if somebody helped.. D:

So your maximum budget is $600?
Do you have a moniter, keyboard, mouse, and operating system already?

So your maximum budget is $600?
Do you have a moniter, keyboard, mouse, and operating system already?
.. Im guessing I was suppost to already know that computers didn't come with that...
forget.. I guess not, OH wait I do have a mouse that can be put into the computer..

.. Im guessing I was suppost to already know that computers didn't come with that...
forget.. I guess not, OH wait I do have a mouse that can be put into the computer..
A custom built computer won't have them, no.

A custom built computer won't have them, no.
Well.. All I actually have is a mouse that can plug in and be taken out of the laptop, and a laptop with built in keyboard and mousepad..
Thats it. If I can keep it in budg- Oh forget it my actually maximum is 800 but I want to keep it around 600. I am willing to buy what I need to get a good computer.

Well.. All I actually have is a mouse that can plug in and be taken out of the laptop, and a laptop with built in keyboard and mousepad..
Thats it. If I can keep it in budg- Oh forget it my actually maximum is 800 but I want to keep it around 600. I am willing to buy what I need to get a good computer.

I'm not going to bullstuff you, most people here would spend $600 JUST on a mouse, keyboard, monitor, and OS.
Without the monitor not a single build in your remaining budget will be able to play games on high settings.

... well you won't be able to do much of anything without a monitor ...

I'm not going to bullstuff you, most people here would spend $600 JUST on a mouse, keyboard, monitor, and OS.
Without the monitor not a single build in your remaining budget will be able to play games on high settings.
Im not sure what question is being asked... But I did say I would be willing to spend money on anything I need, I just want it to run well I dont care if it looks ugly xD

I bet people are thinking im an idiot right..
Im sorry im ignorant D:

$100 monitor
$100 OS
$20 keyboard
Already has mouse, that's just $220

Im not sure what question is being asked... But I did say I would be willing to spend money on anything I need, I just want it to run well I dont care if it looks ugly xD

You will have to buy a monitor / ~$150 - $200
An OS / ~$100
A keyboard / ~$20
A video card / ~$200
A CPU / ~$100 - $200
A PSU / ~$75
A Motherboard / ~$100
A Hard Drive / ~100
A Case / ~$100

That's a low-medium end computer at around $900

it really varies per person, this is what I spent:

mouse:        $60
keyboard:    $100
monitor:    ~$300 (actually a flatscreen TV)

so around 600 after taxes, just for those things.