Author Topic: Suggest some games to buy  (Read 1011 times)

Well I managed to get my dad in a good enough mood to buy me a game. This is a rare occurrence, so I want to take advantage of it.
The only problem is I have no idea what to buy.
So could you all belch out some of your favorite titles so I can decide faster, please? I would be most appreciative.
Games I enjoy:
Single player RPGs (Oblivion, Mass Effect, etc.)
Chaotic shooters (TF2, Unreal Tournament, etc.)
Platformers (Psychonauts, Battle for Bikini Bottom, etc.)
Brawlers (No More Heroes, War of the Monsters, etc.)
Open adventure games (Metroidvania styled)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 06:31:16 PM by Ector »

Fallout 1 & 2
Those are goooood rpgs

Fallout 3 Or New Vegas

Well, if you can stand turn-based, challenging, squad-based tactical games you should try X-COM: UFO Defense and/or X-COM: Apocalypse.

are better than
They're completely different games, saying one is better than the other is stupid.

They're completely different games, saying one is better than the other is stupid.
You're stupid, just because they're different doesn't mean you can't compare them. I mean they are games

guys let's just ditch the whole Fallout thing. I own 3 and NV and they're both fine. Not quite sure about 1 or 2, though. Seems a bit complex and in case you did not gather I do not have complex tastes.
Well, if you can stand turn-based, challenging, squad-based tactical games you should try X-COM: UFO Defense and/or X-COM: Apocalypse.
Never was in to the whole turn-based mechanic, but I'll take a look at it.

Got Dead Space 1/2? If not, you should get them.

You're stupid, just because they're different doesn't mean you can't compare them. I mean they are games

Actually that's the primary reason that you can't compare them.
Comparing one genre to another is, actually, pretty stupid. You should be saying "I prefer [genre]", not "[genre] is better". Comparing games within a genre is fine and makes sense.

All of the loving fallouts are RPGs you idiot

Nexus: The Jupiter incident

Got Dead Space 1/2? If not, you should get them.
I dunno, they just seem kind of bland to me. I like my shooters like I like my internet connection.
Fast and decent.
also I'm adding some genres that I didn't think of at first
Nexus: The Jupiter incident
*quickly googles*
I suck at strategy games, but it's really tempting me.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 06:31:30 PM by Ector »