Author Topic: My computer isn't booting up.  (Read 1445 times)

I checked all connections. When I press the power button, it turns on for an instantly, like, the fans move a bit, and then it cuts power or something. I switched out my 600W PSU for my old 450W PSU and it did the same. Is there any way to determine at home what the issue is here? If not, I'm taking it in to some computer repair place on the weekend...
Any help is appreciated.

it could be your graphics card or just some stuffty wiring. i had a computer who's graphics card broke and left the rest of the computer running fine.

I checked all connections. When I press the power button, it turns on for an instantly, like, the fans move a bit, and then it cuts power or something. I switched out my 600W PSU for my old 450W PSU and it did the same. Is there any way to determine at home what the issue is here? If not, I'm taking it in to some computer repair place on the weekend...
Any help is appreciated.
Have you got any other cases lying around?
Even an old one would do, just swap the power switch connectors around and use the other power switch to turn it on.

it could be your graphics card or just some stuffty wiring. i had a computer who's graphics card broke and left the rest of the computer running fine.
Don't try and help if you don't know stuff.

than how r u postin on the blockland forums????

Have you got any other cases lying around?
Even an old one would do, just swap the power switch connectors around and use the other power switch to turn it on.
It is not the power switch. My motherboard has a build in power button and reset button right on the mobo itself. It does the same thing when I use those.

than how r u postin on the blockland forums????
Another computer,
a phone,
telepathically,
at library,
got someone else to ask this,
etc.

sounds like a mobo issue. you dun fried it

sounds like a mobo issue. you dun fried it
Fuucck, are you serious? Is there any way I can be sure of this before I RMA it?

Fuucck, are you serious? Is there any way I can be sure of this before I RMA it?

eh im not really the most knowledgeable about this but that's what it sounds like it is. see what a few other smart people on here say before you do anything :3

Sounds like a motherboard issue. Sorry.

Alright. Thanks for the help. Just applied for an RMA.
Also, if the motherboard isn't the problem, what will I do then? By the time the replacement arrives, it will be past the 30 day mark for any other returns via Newegg.

My computer isn't WORTH booting up.

My computer isn't WORTH booting up.
Thanks for the help. I will be sure to notify Newegg of this via pigeon when I deliver my broken parts to them. I am sure they will be very sympathetic to hear this.

tell them to send me 400$ worth of computer parts

tell them to send me 400$ worth of computer parts
I am not sure how they will deliver that via pigeon, but I will attempt to request multiple hawks be used instead of a pigeon in my original message.