Author Topic: 2011/11/10 - Blockland r1482  (Read 21481 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
Everything is now compiled differently.  This should make no difference to you, the user, but it makes it easier for us to develop the game going forward.  

UPDATE: Apparently msvcr71.dll is now required so I have added it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 10:39:32 AM by Badspot »

Great. I hope this means more content packs.

Wow, it is going to take me ages to get used to the new board on the list...

Anyway, are we going to be in v20 forever? The r#### isn't as easy to memorize and use as a reference when discussing the past.

I thought it had to do with 64 bit users verses 32 bit users. It's in a different place for each, and Blockland is only looking up for 64 bit users now which is the problem... But then again, that would be far too obvious. I'm wrong, right?

I thought it had to do with 64 bit users verses 32 bit users. It's in a different place for each, and Blockland is only looking up for 64 bit users now which is the problem... But then again, that would be far too obvious. I'm wrong, right?
Excluding all 32-bit operating systems would be a *very* bad idea, due to their large market share.

Well, someone has told me it effected their 64 bit machine, anyway. Wasn't my point, anyway. If it actually was the problem I said, it'd be as simple as looking in the correct place for 32 bit systems. But... Badspot, would you have any idea what caused this?

Badspot

• Administrator
msvcr71.dll is not included with windows for some reason.  However many many programs require it so it may already be installed on your machine, in which case you wouldn't have the problem. 

As far as 64/32 bit file locations, the operating system determines where to load dll files from, not the executable.  So whatever you're talking about doesn't sound right.

Just struck me as odd this problem turned up now and not when people originally tried to play, which was why I was trying to find some explanation for why it began at this point.

Badspot

• Administrator

So Blockland didn't require it beforehand? I was assuming it required it before the change, and that something about the change made it not find the file right. My bad, then.

Blockland now seems to have a new icon, I like it.  Can you switch the launcher's icon to Blockland's new one?

Blockland now seems to have a new icon, I like it.  Can you switch the launcher's icon to Blockland's new one?
The icon... It's big! That means you can have bigger desktop icons and it won't stay small! That's awesome :o

How long has the development board been here? :o

How long has the development board been here? :o
Since late afternoon yesterday.