Author Topic: User Content alpha  (Read 26652 times)

Any files placed in the config/content folder will be put in base/. This allows you to make GUI edits and such, to get around the Blockland patcher.

eg. config/content/client/ui/Title.png will put in the base/ folder as base/client/ui/Title.png and when the game starts up you will see your version of Title.png.

It works by overwriting any files in the base folder with any files in the content folder, and Blockland automatically fixes it up via the patcher when it starts up so if you delete any files in the content folder and the overwritten files are still in the base folder, the Blockland patcher will fix it up automatically.

Download

Finally. This works for stud textures, correct?

Finally. This works for stud textures, correct?
Anything in the base folder will work.

Already made one of these for my self
it doesn't work for the window bitmap, but it works for everything else.
Idk why :(

dude, where do I place this, is this an addon or somthing? cause I put it in my Addons folder and replaced my textures, then started the game and the textures were the normal basic blockland ones, what the forget?

Place this add-on in Documents/Blockland/Add-Ons.

If the user content you're trying to use tells you to put something in "base/data/shapes" for example, put it in Documents/Blockland/config/content/data/shapes. If a folder doesn't exist, just create it.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 09:10:49 AM by Port »

Place this add-on in Documents/Blockland/Add-Ons.

If the user content you're trying to use tells you to put something in "base/data/shapes" for example, put it in Documents/Blockland/content/base/data/shapes. If a folder doesn't exist, just create it.
Dude, thats where I put my Stud/brick Textures, and still nothing loving works....

Dude, thats where I put my Stud/brick Textures, and still nothing loving works....

I modified the post, read again. You don't need the "base/" part.

I modified the post, read again. You don't need the "base/" part.
...?

This is what I do:

I place this addon into my addons folder
then go into documents/blockland/base/data/shapes
Then I place my brick textures in there and overwrite the old ones
Then when I start blockland, the old Textures are there, its annoying :/

Put the brick textures in Documents/Blockland/config/content/data/shapes.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 09:11:09 AM by Port »

Put the brick textures in Documents/Blockland/content/data/shapes.
I dont have a content folder...

Took someone long enough, this was literally a first day idea.