Author Topic: ████ Issue: Game crashes on fullscreen / startup  (Read 12135 times)

OK, just for you Badspot. Seems that setting your video to fullscreen in a non-supported video mode will crash blockland. I can recreate it. As I did for this post. Now I need to modify the /client/prefs.cs file to remedy this.

This issue is fixed with me now, as well as my hosting!  Thanks!

i cant post my console log it says maximum characters reached

If you click Additional Options (below) you'll see the Attachment feature. Use that to include your log.

here it is then i only crash when i host though

I set my resolution so high it crashes every time I open it.

I'm guessing the issue is

OpenGLDevice::setScreenMode 1280 1024 32 85 1
  safeModeOn      = 1
  fixedFrame size = 3
  caption size    = 22
  maxWindowWidth  = 1274
  maxWindowHeight = 740
Setting screen mode to 1280x1024x32@85hz (fs)...
  winState.hGLRC does not exist
  winState.appDC does not exist
  winState.appWindow does not exist

But what do I know.

Edit prefs.cs in Blockland/config

I crash on startup.

there, mine also crashed.

Edit prefs.cs in Blockland/config
I've found the file, opened it, and I think I know what to edit, however I'm not sure what to set the full screen resolution to. Currently it says its at 1152x648, which isn't what the console.log is telling me.

So my resolution is at 1152x864. I found where to edit the resolution for both the full and windowed screens, set them both to 1152 864, and attempted it with fullscreen at "0" and "1". It still doesn't appear to work. Is there something different about how it says 1152 864 32 60?

Set it to "1024 768 32 60" and fullscreen to 0.

Set it to "1024 768 32 60" and fullscreen to 0.
I'd love to have said this worked but I've already tried this several times.
It's my monitor that says OUT OF RANGE every time the console finishes loading Blockland.
It never did this until I made Blockland a resolution larger than my current. From there I've tried making my solution every size it can and starting up Blockland and it still doesn't work.

I'd love to have said this worked but I've already tried this several times.
It's my monitor that says OUT OF RANGE every time the console finishes loading Blockland.
It never did this until I made Blockland a resolution larger than my current. From there I've tried making my solution every size it can and starting up Blockland and it still doesn't work.

Try 640 480 32 60.