Author Topic: 2011/11/18 - Blockland r1494  (Read 44353 times)

Guys, if you crash when you hit quit, you still quit.
That's how I see it lol.

I crash after pressing quit. All changes made to my avatar and settings are lost.

Guys, if you crash when you hit quit, you still quit.
That's how I see it lol.
But there is still a problem.

I crash after pressing quit. All changes made to my avatar and settings are lost.

Crashing when hitting quit could actually be a problem if it happens before the game can export variables and all that stuff that saves important information so you don't have to constantly reset it manually.

Now I'm crashing on disconnect in singleplayer.

Now I'm crashing on disconnect in singleplayer.
Same for me and multiplayer too.

It would help a lot if you could temporarily remove all non-default add-ons, start Blockland, type trace( true ); in console, join a server and leave by crashing. After that, post console.log.

In my opinion, Blockland might benefit in having a Safe Mode button so anyone can easily test their game if asked to run it with only default files, such as asked in the Help board a lot. I'm missing something, because the only way I can imagine easily running your game with only default Add-Ons without knowing what exactly you downloaded would be either manually going through each file or renaming folders and having it redownload.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 05:40:41 PM by MegaScientifical »

That's actually the first great idea I've seen in a while.

MegaScience needs make a new topic for that glorious idea.

Couldn't you just take your addons folder out?

Couldn't you just take your addons folder out?
It would be easier to simply hit a button to go to safe mode.

It would be easier to simply hit a button to go to safe mode.
I think it'd be better to just have a launch option for it. -noMods or something.

1. Go to add ons
2. Click default
3. ???
4. Profit.