I can't join other servers or my own if I am hosting a dedicated server.

Author Topic: I can't join other servers or my own if I am hosting a dedicated server.  (Read 794 times)

For some reason I can't join my own server or other servers if I am hosting a dedicated server at the same time. It just stalls at "connection attempt (insert IP here)."

The exact same thing is happening to me as well, and I've hosted before.

I can host a dedicated server and it works, I know because I see people join and talk in the console. When I load up Blockland and try to join a server everything stalls.

Try running the dedicated server from a different directory using -profilePath "somepathblah".

Could this be the problem?

I reinstalled Blockland from scratch and still nothing.

Could this be the problem?
Nope.

Try connection via direct IP. Use localhost:port#

Nope.

Try connection via direct IP. Use localhost:port#

Connection timeout. I don't understand what the problem is, everyone can join my dedicated server but myself.

Try running the dedicated server from a different directory using -profilePath "somepathblah".
Have you tried this?

Try connecting through "Query LAN" after doing this, and it should solve your problem.

Try connecting through "Query LAN" after doing this, and it should solve your problem.

I did that and now it works again.

I can't connect to mine just using the "Join Server" button so I just use "Connect to IP" and enter my IPv4 adress.

I can't connect to mine just using the "Join Server" button so I just use "Connect to IP" and enter my IPv4 adress.
...or you could just enter "localhost"...