Author Topic: Pokémon VG Megathread  (Read 737249 times)

?

my only regret is that I was 5 minutes too late to see what it said

Some people choose the ev to train based on the pokemon's nature and stuff. If I remember correctly when you look at your pokemon's stats there's a red and blue category. I think red grows strong and blue grows weak. Ev training the red stat might be really beneficial.

Is there some way to see more GTS offers than the couple shown to you?

Is there some way to see more GTS offers than the couple shown to you?
I've found nothing on this, besides narrowing the search even more (such as levels), which isn't helpful, because most of the time you limit to a tiny pool of choices.

I really loving hate all the richardheads on the GTS who leave up trades asking for things like level 1 Reshiram, or level 100 Zorua or other impossibly annoying rarities or impossible pokemon.
I so hope that something is done in Pokemon X/Y to combat these problems. Because it makes the GTS next to worthless.

What's the use in it, if I can't even use it to trade for common version-specific pokemon? Is that not the point of the GTS?
If I want a Vullaby on my White game, and I need to trade from a Black game, it's useless if all Vullaby's available (or atleast that I can see), are only asking for level 100 legendaries or event-only pokemon.

hope no one says this but my friend and i agree that xerneas totally looks princess mononoke inspired

I've found nothing on this, besides narrowing the search even more (such as levels), which isn't helpful, because most of the time you limit to a tiny pool of choices.

I really loving hate all the richardheads on the GTS who leave up trades asking for things like level 1 Reshiram, or level 100 Zorua or other impossibly annoying rarities or impossible pokemon.
I so hope that something is done in Pokemon X/Y to combat these problems. Because it makes the GTS next to worthless.

What's the use in it, if I can't even use it to trade for common version-specific pokemon? Is that not the point of the GTS?
If I want a Vullaby on my White game, and I need to trade from a Black game, it's useless if all Vullaby's available (or atleast that I can see), are only asking for level 100 legendaries or event-only pokemon.
Since really what I wanted to do was transfer from White 2 to Black 2, so even with absolutely everything specified, I'd still find it impossible to find my Lapras or Axew or wh'ever. Luckily, I found out that, while horribly slow, just offering up Marrill for everything let me do it, since those are fairly uncommon on the GTS.

hope no one says this but my friend and i agree that xerneas totally looks princess mononoke inspired
People have been saying that since day one

I have yet to catch 'em all. And I have played through every game.

Some people choose the ev to train based on the pokemon's nature and stuff. If I remember correctly when you look at your pokemon's stats there's a red and blue category. I think red grows strong and blue grows weak. Ev training the red stat might be really beneficial.

You do this because natures give +10% in one stat and -10% in another stat (assuming you're not using a neutral nature). Every 4 EVs, you get 1 more point in that stat, so let's say you have an Adamant nature, giving you +10% attack and -10% special attack. If you put 252 EVs into speed, you get 63 (252 divided by 4) more speed. However, if you put 252 EVs into attack, you get 69 (252 divided by 4 times 1.1) more attack. So it's usually more beneficial to maximize your EVs in the same stat your nature is benefiting, but there are some exceptions (e.g. giving Hippowdon 252 HP and SDef EVs but giving him a +Def -SAtk nature gives him better bulk).
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 06:14:03 PM by Truce »

People have been saying that since day one
often did the greeks and romans speak of such travesties such as
what type is sylveon
when will the pokemon game with all the regions come out
but the biggest conversation known to man was
doesn't the x pokemon look a lot like fuggin princess mononoke

so uh are these new legendary pokemon based off x and y in math
like is it both the title and the legendary concept

so uh are these new legendary pokemon based off x and y in math
like is it both the title and the legendary concept

Sort of. Yveltal is shaped like a Y and Xerneas... has four legs like an X.

Also both of their names start with X and Y based on their game. Just realized this whoa.

X and Y (plus Z, I'm assuming) would be kinda cool, since the games are now in three dimensions.

It could also be based on chromosomes! (And there isn't a Z one!)