Author Topic: EvDowg's 1.1 Minecraft Server  (Read 2352 times)

Rules
Rule #1: Do not grief (Steal items, break owned structures, etc.)
Rule #2: Ask before interfacing with another player's builds.
Rule #3: Mines are open to all, so don't claim "It's MY mine".
Rule #4: If you find an un-inhabited stronghold or village, notify an OP for instructions.
Rule #5: Do not ask for OP privs, console command, or "Creative mode".
Punishment: Disciplinary action in this order: Warning, 1hr IP ban, permanent IP ban.

Instructions to Join:
Step 1: Go here
Step 2: Click Unmanaged Mode (I scanned it. Virus free.)
Step 3: Open up Hamachi and register for an account.
Step 4: Click on the Network button.
Step 5: Click Join an existing network
Step 6: Network Name: Mr. Snuffles Password: cgc
Step 7: Keep Hamachi up and open Minecraft.
Step 8: Go to multiplayer and click on Direct Connect.
Step 9: Use the IP located in your Hamachi window.
Step 10: You've successfully joined my server. Read the rules and have fun!

Population: 10
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 03:18:41 PM by Ev Dowg »

« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 06:23:43 PM by Ev Dowg »

so you let anyone join?

Yes. But the rules are always enforced. Technically, I'm not using the plain IP to join because we are currently in what you could call "beta". What that means for me and my team is that the world isn't entirely set up for the public. We still need to apply some security features to our builds. When we're 100% done I will switch off Hamachi.

Sounds like a horrible server if occupations are enforced to do one or two things only.

Sounds like a horrible server if occupations are enforced to do one or two things only.

I might get rid of it soon.

I told you man, I do not have hamichi and I do not plan on getting it anytime soon. Can't you just learn how to portforward :\

I joined the network.
I really don't think occupations are a good idea.

If you don't want occupations I say go to another server like mine, where it's just...survival. I approve strongly of classified occupations, as long as you can change occupations sometimes. And I believe the occupation details mean that's your specialty, and that's your main role, but you still build a house and mine and survive.

What I hate is going through the process on logmein.com. It's not worth the steps for minimal security, and it's not like people are going to attack you through the internet because you host a regular minecraft server.

Hamachi? Security? More like insecure.

Hamachi? Security? More like insecure.

It's really just easier to make a server with it. I've tried and trid to get a non-hamachi server but it's a bitch to deal with.

It's really just easier to make a server with it. I've tried and trid to get a non-hamachi server but it's a bitch to deal with.

Are you kidding me? You've got to be kidding...

Are you kidding me? You've got to be kidding...

We can't all be techie geniuses...