Author Topic: How do you install mods in Minecraft Multiplayer?  (Read 4473 times)

Ok, I get a mod and it works in singleplayer. I then go over to multiplayer, but when I craft the item and click the finished product it closes out my Minecraft. I was trying out the Revolver mod with ModLoader (both installed correctly) and when I tried using the ModLoaderMP for multiplayer I got the black screen of death upon logging in. I have searched Google and Youtube for hours but I can't find a way. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

NOTE: If having BOTH Modloaders installed at the same time screws it up, please tell me.

Risugami's Modloader is NOT for Multiplayer, just have the clients install it and the Revolver mod.

Risugami's Modloader is NOT for Multiplayer, just have the clients install it and the Revolver mod.

Clients? Also, you're saying there isn't a way to use mods for multiplayer with Modloader?

Clients? Also, you're saying there isn't a way to use mods for multiplayer with Modloader?
Clients are the connecting players.
Yes, you have to do SDK's ModloaderMP only, no Modlader.

Yes, you have to do SDK's ModloaderMP only, no Modlader.

I'll try that.

So I'm at the website. Do I download the regular ModLoaderMP AND the server/client versions?

So I'm at the website. Do I download the regular ModLoaderMP AND the server/client versions?
Install the server version into your minecraft_server.jar and the client version into your .minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar for a successful installation.

Install the server version into your minecraft_server.jar and the client version into your .minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar for a successful installation.

Where is the server.jar file located? I can find the other one ok.

EDIT: Got ModLoader (Risugami) and ModLoader Client in the bin folder. When I try to put the Server version in my minecraft_server.jar file it comes up with an error messege that says: "Not implemented".

All modloader mods [in .zip format] go into the mods folder.

All modloader mods [in .zip format] go into the mods folder.

I've been putting all the CLASS files in the bin as well as the net ones. But all I had to do was make a 'mods' folder in the .minecraft folder and put just the plain .zips in them?