Is Dead Island a good game, and should I buy it?

Poll

Get?

Yes
16 (66.7%)
No
8 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Is Dead Island a good game, and should I buy it?  (Read 1159 times)

I've been wanting to get it for some time now, and I have the money to get it. I'm getting it for PC and I do have a friend that plays it so you know. yeah. What games it it similar to?

Dead Island is pretty similar to Borderlands in gameplay. It's one of the best games I've played, I highly recommend it.

From what I've heard it gets boring and repetitive halfway through. Also the survival aspect seems to be limited as you can just push zombies in a pool or wait for items to respawn.

It's pretty boring and I wouldn't recommend it.

Dead Island is very nice, definitely worth the money. I completed it a while ago.

From what I've heard it gets boring and repetitive halfway through. Also the survival aspect seems to be limited as you can just push zombies in a pool or wait for items to respawn.
Yeah its not too fun
It's pretty boring and I wouldn't recommend it.
Wow, can't believe you guys.

I can't get more than an hour in without getting bored =/
You might like it so if you want it wait for steams Christmas sales.

I wish there was a demo or something so I could tell if I'd enjoy it.

I dunno if they ever fixed it but when you play multiplayer only the main person gets quest XP and credit so it basically makes it so there is no way to play through the game with other people unless you're okay with being level 3 while your friend is level 15.

I dunno if they ever fixed it but when you play multiplayer only the main person gets quest XP and credit so it basically makes it so there is no way to play through the game with other people unless you're okay with being level 3 while your friend is level 15.

Doesn't seem like too big of a deal.

I don't mind repetitiveness too much, by the way.

Doesn't seem like too big of a deal.

I don't mind repetitiveness too much, by the way.

Makes it impossible to play with friends and still have fun and I only play multiplayer games so it completely killed it for me.

I got bored of it, pretty repetative

looting system is a pain in the ass

It's the best melee combat game, and has the same leveling system as Borderlands. You will like it.

When you say repetitive, do you mean the quests or whatever are the same thing, or do you mean walking up and down the same street over and over?