Author Topic: Earth Defence Force: INSECT ARMAGEDDON  (Read 1225 times)

It's a game where you can freeroam around the ENTIRE CITY OF DETROIT killing baddies like giant mutated spiders, ants, cyborgs, and octopi using several different charecters, each with their own specialty.

BUY IT NOW.

It's availible on Steam, XBOX, and PS3 for only $15! It has campaign co-op, and 6 player survival multiplayer. It also has beautiful graphics & great optimization, so it can be ran with a smooth (and sadly locked) 30 fps on most mid-high end computers. I didn't read about it, just bought it so I don't know much of the story.

Media

A british guy playing the game.

TL;DR THIS GAME IS LIKE KILLING FLOOR + RED FACTION: ARMAGEDDON + RED FACTION: MARS RP + L4D2 + GTA IV BUY IT NOW.

For some reason when I look at those pictures it feels like I'm staring at a FPS version of X-COM.

BUT IT'S LIVE ACTION 3RD PERSON!!!

Loooooove this game.
I have it on xbox360, and I frequently co-op with my cousin.

The survival goes from easy walk in the park, to a mild drizzle of rain in the park, to a loving meteor crashing into the park, and then the park colliding with the sun. The survival is really hard, especially in maps with not many buildings.

Looks awesome.

*clicks on video
EEEEAAAAARRRR RRRRAAAPPPPEEEE

If I had the money I would buy this.

Played it on the xbox. loving beast game, especially when you unlock a rocket launcher that shoots out 6 of them at a time, I just blew up the entire city instead of killing any bugs.

bought it, how old is it?

It came out this year or the year before. I beat it.
And you should play the first one.
Also, I think if you either beat the game on the hardest difficulty with a certain class or you level up or something, you get the insecticide guns.
In the first game, you got the genocide gun. They're both extremely massive.

Flying Guy > Heavy Guns Guy > Standard Soldier > Engineer

The flying guy gets a shotgun autolock RPG and a plasma MG as his base weapons. Plus he can fly, has decent armor, and can travel across the map before the other teammates can even get a quarter of the way.

The heavy guy gets a "fletchet shotgun" and some weird shield that hardly does anything because of his massive armor but it deflects gunship bullets so that's helpful I guess.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 04:33:12 PM by Extrude »

Going to buy it on Ps3, anyone else play it there?

Going to buy it on Ps3, anyone else play it there?
I might get it for Christmas

2017 is like football players with rocket launchers vs. giant ants featuring: bazookas.

Anyone know how long it's going to stay on sale for?