Is giving a key away allowed?

Author Topic: Is giving a key away allowed?  (Read 2310 times)

I have 2 keys, 12080, and 24468(or something) can I give 24468 away to my friend?

Yea its fine, as long as you don't sell it.

I don't think it is, but it may be.

I'm sure its allowed as long as you don't let more than 1 person use the key at the same time.

Better idea: type it in yourself so he doesn't know what it is.

I'm pretty sure keys are technically non-transferable. That means you probably shouldn't give them to friends, even for free.

I'm sure Badspot doesn't really mind as long as the ip they're being used from isn't jumping around all over the world all the time.

Why would badspot mind? He still receives 40$ from the two keys, whether one is bought by him and one is bought by the friend or not.

He won't care as long as multiple people aren't using the same key. Meaning only give it to your friend.

As long as the key isn't being activated in more than one location at the same time by a bunch of different people.

For example: Player A is using it in Afghanistan, Player B is using it in Russia, Player C is using it in Canada.

I had to share a key as one of my friends chipped in. But now he has his own (no more kicking eachother off :D)

Why would badspot mind? He still receives 40$ from the two keys, whether one is bought by him and one is bought by the friend or not.
If the OP didn't give out his key Badspot would get $60.

according to the buying terms you agreed to, technically its not allowed. however i dont think badspot would do much if you ACTUALLY gave it to your friend. and never used it again.
sharing orselling keys is very very bad. there is no doubt you would get the key banned in these situations.

i have given out dozens of keys for contest wins. so you can buy a key for someone.

and i have given out a few keys from my personal lot that i have held onto for long time, and even used on rare occasions when friends and family want to try out. less dedicated people who abandoned the game after a weekend.
technically i guess badspot could ban those keys as they have had different players.  but they are non consistent, im not dumb enough to bump a key between 2 people every day.

its not a single key that has earning value. if thats the case, then why dont 50 players share every 1 key? there are enough hours in a week for us all to share.

if there are 2 keys as you say, and 5 players using them.
then badspot has lost 60 dollars.

did you know that console game trade-ins at gamestop or any store; harm the game industry 10fold more then pc game pirating?
theoretically it shouldn't. however business is judged by volume of customers. meaning every one of them must be giving you cash.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:21:44 AM by Bisjac »

its not a single key that has earning value. if thats the case, then why dont 50 players share every 1 key? there are enough hours in a week for us all to share.

if there are 2 keys as you say, and 5 players using them.
then badspot has lost 60 dollars.

did you know that console game trade-ins at gamestop or any store; harm the game industry 10fold more then pc game pirating?
theoretically it shouldn't. however business is judged by volume of customers. meaning every one of them must be giving you cash.
All three are matters of missed potential income, not actual losses. Remember that many people buying a used game for $20 might not have bought it for $50 (prices are only examples).