Author Topic: Why did badspot end development to Age of Time?  (Read 7801 times)

I suppose you could argue that the new engine probably is riddled with more bugs than the "out the box" Torque Game Engine was. And for a time TGE 1.5.2 was actually more stable than TGEA and T3D. But you have to remember, this is one of the only engines that's easy to use and is fairly cheap. You have to expect some limitations. And the source is all there anyway, so if Badspot cared he could fix all the problems.
"probably is" lol I bought it and every other update they stuff out breaks at least ONE thing in it.

"probably is" lol I bought it and every other update they stuff out breaks at least ONE thing in it.
What did you think?
There's no way any programmer will release a perfect update without any bugs added.
Only way to make flawless update is just releasing a texture/model/sound update...

What did you think?
There's no way any programmer will release a perfect update without any bugs added.
Only way to make flawless update is just releasing a texture/model/sound update...
The thing is every update something solid that shouldn't even be edited when an update is pushed for something not even related.

Fun fact; Starting in January I will be working on an Age of Time type of game in Torque 3D, but it will NOT be a clone.

I have it planned for one massive world.

For those of you who wish to contribute models you can do so, as long as you've made them.  This game will also be free.

Fun fact; Starting in January I will be working on an Age of Time type of game in Torque 3D, but it will NOT be a clone.

For those of you who wish to contribute models you can do so, as long as you've made them.  This game will also be free.
inb4vapourware
good luck. you'll need it.

I can model for you if you want. I use Torque Constructor.

:| Guys, even the conversation of revival died out years ago. You're VERY late to the 'party.'

When I first played Age of Time, the first thing that hooked me up is the fact that it's like Morrowind in MMORPG.
Age of Time is the ONLY good MMORPG I have ever seen in my entire life.
All MMORPG's in the internet are just a bunch of World of Warcraft rip-offs, and I didn't find any good MMO with good combat system.
If badspot ever reconsidered either moving Age of Time to a new engine or rewriting it, with all great features, modding compability and server hosting, Age of Time would be a "Game of the Year".
also male models mean research. ololo im so perv
you've obviously never played mabinogi or vindictus.
or monster hunter frontier but in most people's situation that isn't really logically possible.

you've obviously never played mabinogi or vindictus.
or monster hunter frontier but in most people's situation that isn't really logically possible.
I have checked out Mabinogi, and it looks really good! Got some info about it being ruined by hackers though...

Vindictus' combat surely looks way more fun than WoW thatpieceofstuffgameIwannapuke
But I'm not a huge fan of God of War. Maybe its more devil-may-cry though :D

Monster Hunter looks decent! Combat of it may be still sloppy though.

But the true MMORPG I am looking for is the combination of Action and Tactics, just like Skyrim/Morrowind/Dark Messiah.

In skyrim, the combat is very fun (Especially with Duel Mod on Skyrim Nexus) and the leveling up is fair. You can kill a dragon with just level 10!

Dark Messiah features amazing combat system. I mean, shooting arrows with ropes into ceiling and then come at those orcs? HELL YES!

And morrowind, is, ofcourse, a classic. Combat system might be annoying for newer players (since non-charged attack is useless and barely hits), but its very fun, story is amazing and overall gameplay is charming.

Well, I hope you get my point here :D
We need at least ONE First-Person-RPG that isn't about guns.

hey guys let's all just go play EVE

hey guys let's all just go play EVE
Ye lets all go enjoy an economy simulator.

Ye lets all go enjoy an economy simulator.
no, that's mabinogi silly

Bump :3

Did you seriously just bump in the Age of Time board after two loving days? Argh, God damn it you're... argh... :iceCream:

Did you seriously just bump in the Age of Time board after two loving days? Argh, God damn it you're... argh... :iceCream:

Yeah, I know, seriously. I mean, threads where the last post is from SEPTEMBER is still on the first page....