Author Topic: Klendathu Drop: Version 1.3, Announcement on page 10!  (Read 21371 times)

Klendathu Drop
A ZAPT campaign map

Quote from: Comr4de
Now before we go over the map, Tingalz has aptly described the difficulty of this map.

THIS MAP IS VERY HARD

If your team isn't coordinated you will die before you reach the first rest stop. I guarantee it. We're working to make an easier version that standard lemmings can play, and we'll call that "meatgrinder".

So, it's finally here.  After months of inactivity, Comr4de, Vionix, and I have completed a releasable version of Klendathu Drop.  The full version is still not quite finished, but this version is.  I give you: Klendathu Drop: Release 1

Pictures

Spawn/Debriefing area

Armory etc.

Trusty drop pods which NEVER BREAK DOWN.

Oh look, the drop pods BROKE DOWN.

Small military outpost with blood and ammo.  Oh, and zombies.

Train tunnel with a witch.  Fun.

Radio station where you must contact your commander.

Hello zombie.

Dynamite-rigged bridge with a lamppost-hugging zombie.

The harried soldier attempts to unlock the military outpost while surrounded.

Overview of the military outpost.

The radio building where you must contact the commander for further orders.

Entrance to the canyon with a lovely gas station nearby.

The canyon with a tank at the end.  Tanks are fun.

Whoops, wrong button.

Zombies don't appreciate you walking on their graves.

Welcome to richardersons, home to all the richards and their sons. Oh, and another witch.

Safety - AT LAST.  
Of course, we didn't bother to place a saferoom brick, you're gonna have to do that yourself.

Ok, so.  For those of you who remember this from before, we had a couple other locations beyond this.  Like I said in the beginning, this is release 1, and the entire map isn't yet finished.  I will update this post when we get the last locations done.  

Servers

Download

Klendathu Drop Release 1.3
Previous Versions:
Version 1.2
Version 1

Changelog:
Code: [Select]
Version 1.3:
- Squad mode now does not allow player respawn
- L4D Playertype now has 500 health for servers with many player zombies
- Witch now does 500 damage to accommodate for L4D playertype change
- L4D secondary items now include Classic, Covert, and Modern Pistol
- Fixed bug where zombies could trigger a radio event
- Removed unnecessary locations to lower brickcount
- Changed location of crowbar, now its more easily seen

Version 1.2:
- Incorporated T+T 2.1
- Fixed bug with drop pods that would result in doors not shutting (This still may happen, but definitely not as often.  Not sure what's wrong with them...)
- Survivor camp area has been revamped, along with the nearby terrain
- Added vault area; not playable but fun to look around in
- Radio shack now prevents player zombies from triggering the horde event
- Spawn weapons changed;assault now gets bullpup, sniper gets slug shotgun, SMG gets battle rifle, and support gets popgun.
- More doodads in highway zone
- Treasure chests added
- Added new transportation option in wasteland
- Most pipebombs replaced with tier+tac grenades. tier tac grenades can carry multiple instances, but the pipebomb attracts zombies. grenades and grenade sacks are for more common than pipebombs.
- Witch health increase to 1000.  Don't even think about provoking her.

Version 1:
- Released!
- Added squad mode. This selects four players (at most) to play as human. Everyone else is a zombie.
- Updated ZAPT to be compatible with V20
- Minor ZAPT bug fixes

Setting up a server

For those of you who are crazy enough to want to try to host this monster, there's a couple things you need to do. I've put them in a nice, friendly bullet point form for you.
  • Download the file above and extract it.
  • Inside should be the save file, a photo for the save file, and a folder called "Klendathu Addons"
  • Inside that folder is a text file with a list of all the addons needed, and the addons themselves.
  • Before transferring those addons to your Add-Ons folder, back up your Add-ons folder.  Some of the add-ons for Klendathu Drop are edited versions of their originals.
  • Host a server with ALL of those addons enabled, AND with the defaults enabled.  Make sure your quotas (Event, item, lights, etc) are set high, this map uses a lot of those.  Any other scripts you want can be added as well, so long as they don't interfere with ZAPT.  Also, use Trueno's colorset.
  • Load the bricks, then type $VCE::Server::ImmuneTime = 0; in your console.
  • Start a ZAPT minigame in Squad mode with a secondary weapon, Conc 'nade, medpack and pill.
  • turning your draw distance down to the minimum doesn't hurt gameplay and helps with the bricklag
  • Play to your heart's content!

This next bit only applies to Version 1.  If you have trouble with the pods, try resetting the minigame once or twice.  They are supposed to fix themselves.
If you want to run this campaign with less that 4 people, here's how to do so.
  • Follow the steps above and make sure everyone who's playing is in the minigame.
  • After everyone else has completed briefing, selected their weapons, and gotten into a pod, click the little red square in the southeast corner. (When you spawn, you're facing south.
  • Quickly run into an empty pod.  The rest should close automatically
  • Play like normal, have fun!

If you should run into any problems with any of the steps above, please don't hesitate to PM me here, message me on steam, or message me on skype (gadgeth-m for skype)

Credits
Thanks to the following people, without whom this would have never been finished.
  • Comr4de (Main builder)
  • Vionix (Main builder)
  • Gadgethm (Main Eventer/Scripter)
  • Tingalz
  • Frog
  • Doomcop
  • Monkeyboy
  • Aqua
  • I have not
  • Legodude77
  • Conan
  • Other people I can't think of (Please message me if you helped with this so I can add you here)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 08:39:29 PM by Gadgethm »

Oh wow look a RELEASE. And it only took like, 3 months after the claimed date.
This is like the episode 3 of blockland.
Just kidding, you guys are legends this is great take my money.

Worth the weight!
its funny because i am ten pounds over weight

Someone join my server ASAP please

watercore is a silly babby who won't go outside and be killed

Hosting a quick server.  Join up while it lasts.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 10:55:31 AM by Gadgethm »

Hurrah!

This seems pretty exciting, looking forward to playing it if I can.

Spoilers for release 2: the squad gets a flamer at the end to help defend themselves!