Author Topic: [BLOCKLAND REQUEST] Inactivity, Name removed.  (Read 3280 times)

I think there should be a setting in Blockland in which if you are inactive for lets say about 2 months or so, your name gets reset to the default Blockhead39483 since there are some names that I want but are taken by people who are inactive or I can't contact :c

No way. I've had inactivity periods longer than 2 months and I most certainly do not want someone to impersonate me.

No way. I've had inactivity periods longer than 2 months and I most certainly do not want someone to impersonate me.
Longer?
Like 6 months minimum?

Maybe merge inactivity with forums. Since most people are more active on the forums than Blockland, if they go inactive in one of them for more than 6 months, poof, in-game name gone?

This is stupid. What if someone played this game every once and a while? It would get annoying.

Longer?
Like 6 months minimum?

Maybe merge inactivity with forums. Since most people are more active on the forums than Blockland, if they go inactive in one of them for more than 6 months, poof, in-game name gone?

No. You're just upset because you can't think of another username to use.

No. You're just upset because you can't think of another username to use.
Says the one called "Thorax"
I can think of many creative usernames but I wanted to be "Sherlock Holmes"
But it was taken by an inactive user who hasn't appeared to have logged on since June or July.

This is stupid. What if someone played this game every once and a while? It would get annoying.
Like me.

But it was taken by an inactive user who hasn't appeared to have logged on since June or July.
Thorax is correct, plus Thorax is a very creative name.

Like me.
Thorax is correct, plus Thorax is a very creative name.
Quote: " the part of the trunk in humans and higher vertebrates between the neck and the abdomen, containing the cavity, enclosed by the ribs, sternum, and certain vertebrae, in which the heart, lungs, etc., are situated; chest."

Yeah, a creative name from nothing alright.

Quote: " the part of the trunk in humans and higher vertebrates between the neck and the abdomen, containing the cavity, enclosed by the ribs, sternum, and certain vertebrae, in which the heart, lungs, etc., are situated; chest."

Yeah, a creative name from nothing alright.
What...

This is a horrible idea, we would have people impersonating other people, and earning them bad reputations. When the actual user comes back he'll be known as an idiotic moron who trolls in every server he comes to.

This is a horrible idea, we would have people impersonating other people, and earning them bad reputations. When the actual user comes back he'll be known as an idiotic moron who trolls in every server he comes to.
Yup. But there is also such things as BLIDS

Thorax is just my forum name. I've asked to have it changed, but I'm unable to because I had it changed once before (from "Me"). In Blockland and a few other games I go by auspiciousTactician, if it doesn't fit, I go by HandheldToast.

This could be used abusivley as well.

Let's say I was some super-famous BL user. I decided to take a 3-month hiatus from BL.
Meanwhile, 2 months later, a Poiuyt-like hacker takes my name and hosts an open server. 32 people join, 32 people hacked. Before they can say anything about it another 18 is hacked. The hacker's key is revoked, 50 players hacked, and I go under a bad reputation and everyone stays away from FaceDavid.

In short,
No.

dude
poiuyt was a script kiddie, he didn't hack tom.
Tom was just stupid to use the same password for everything, and when tom signed up for some forum poiuyt was in cahoots with, boom, poiuyt gets passwords

This could be used abusivley as well.

Let's say I was some super-famous BL user. I decided to take a 3-month hiatus from BL.
Meanwhile, 2 months later, a Poiuyt-like hacker takes my name and hosts an open server. 32 people join, 32 people hacked. Before they can say anything about it another 18 is hacked. The hacker's key is revoked, 50 players hacked, and I go under a bad reputation and everyone stays away from FaceDavid.

In short,
No.
lol...