Author Topic: Skrillex nominated for grammy (Skrillex won three awards)  (Read 9638 times)

so what you people are saying is that because it was made using a computer it doesn't warrant any kind of skill, and he doesn't deserve a grammy because it isn't real music? last time i checked video games are made on computers, and most modern popular music was mixed and fixed on computers, and every video you watch on the internet was made on a computer. music is a type of media, the same as video games, and therefore can be treated as other music genres. you can not like dubstep, but that doesn't mean you have to be a flaming richard about it. dubstep is a genre of music, any argument about how it's some kind of beat can be applied to almost every other form of music.

i remember dubstep back in the day (2005ish)
you listened to dubstep back before the invention of youtube, when you were 9 years old.

i find that hard to believe.

so what you people are saying is that because it was made using a computer it doesn't warrant any kind of skill, and he doesn't deserve a grammy because it isn't real music? last time i checked video games are made on computers, and most modern popular music was mixed and fixed on computers, and every video you watch on the internet was made on a computer. music is a type of media, the same as video games, and therefore can be treated as other music genres. you can not like dubstep, but that doesn't mean you have to be a flaming richard about it. dubstep is a genre of music, any argument about how it's some kind of beat can be applied to almost every other form of music.
Solid unarguable statement. Thanks for using your brain unlike the rest of the thread.

Modern musicians will always have fans, and will always be in the spotlight. Whether you like them or not, that's how it is. :/

Personally I think Lady Gaga is better than Skrillex, and I'm not even a fan of Gaga.

Personally I think Lady Gaga is better than Skrillex, and I'm not even a fan of Gaga.
Yeah same I like her more since when shes at a concert that she sings and actually does stuff rather than pressing play on a laptop and bobbing his head.

i like skrillex.

i think he makes nice sounds.

"I listen to dubstep because I listen to skrillex"

But his work isnt good enough imo. Every time I hear his music all I can notice are where I feel he made mistakes that could be improved by switching out verses or slightly changing bits of the song. I like him and what he represents in terms of musical expiramentation, however I feel like he is not even coming close to what his style is capable of. :(

How surprising, the person that went mainstream and ruined dubstep has been nominated for a grammy.

My stuff has also been nominated for an Grammy! :)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 10:24:52 PM by Colten »

My stuff has also been nominated for an Emmy! :)
And the winner is... Colten's stuff! For it's role in Mr. Hankey: The Movie.

Oh my god lol

Grammys are for music!