Poll

Should I consider secondary developers?

No, retain the purity. One man, one mod, ein reich!
Yes.

Author Topic: CityRPG  (Read 83815 times)

1. Picklocking will work like mining. Doors will have health depending on their type. I'm also strongly considering giving doors a price tag to keep more secure doors unavailable to poorer players, and to reduce the number of doors people will use because static shapes are very costly to render.
Hypothetically speaking, anyone can break down any door regardless of what kind of door it is, it will just take longer.

I don't know if that's a strong enough deterrent, but you can't really anticipate that kind of stuff, so leave that issue until public beta so you can see if anyone complains about their shops being raided by criminals regardless of whether they have the strongest door or not.

Well, they'll be making noise the entire time. If there are inhabitants inside the house, they have time to get armed. Witnessing a breaking and entering is obviously cause for self defense.

Well, they'll be making noise the entire time. If there are inhabitants inside the house, they have time to get armed. Witnessing a breaking and entering is obviously cause for self defense.
Sounds good.

Considering we're talking about lockpicking and stuff, what about purchasable car alarms for expensive vehicles?

I guess I can add alarm noises and try to hack-mount lights to vehicles. Not sure how that'd work out. Might be worth doing.

I guess I can add alarm noises and try to hack-mount lights to vehicles. Not sure how that'd work out. Might be worth doing.
Well if not there is no deterrent for any criminal to just jack some rich dude's Mercedes while they're buying groceries.

Except that there will be another picklock timer, and it will be a witnessable crime, and there is another clue left that's worth 3 stars for selling a vehicle, and if you put a car inside a garage you won't have that problem.

Seriously, stop micromanaging problems. You haven't even played the game mode yet.

I suppose parking lots could have security cameras too. Just another precaution, really.

And because there's witnesses around too, trying to jack someone's car without getting caught is going to be hard.

Seriously, stop micromanaging problems. You haven't even played the game mode yet.
Sorry.

Speaking of which, when do you think you will host a bit again?

I JUST decided to look at this thread :L
My one question is: can you go un-punished from crimes? So you commit one and never get caught?

I suppose parking lots could have security cameras too. Just another precaution, really.

And because there's witnesses around too, trying to jack someone's car without getting caught is going to be hard.
All public areas are going to get security cameras.

Actually, that gives me a great idea. I can let mayors build upon CityRPG's (ID 2200) bricks using the Treasury. They can decorate the Mayor's Manor, dupe a new road, or buy security cameras.

Speaking of which, when do you think you will host a bit again?
When it's ready.

I JUST decided to look at this thread :L
My one question is: can you go un-punished from crimes? So you commit one and never get caught?
Extremely possible.

All public areas are going to get security cameras.

Actually, that gives me a great idea. I can let mayors build upon CityRPG's (ID 2200) bricks using the Treasury. They can decorate the Mayor's Manor, dupe a new road, or
Haha, this is exactly what I was thinking!

With this ability, mayors'll be able to use their building plans for campaign goals. (my specialty, haha)

Yeah, it's going to be hard to code that though. I'll have to make it so that CityRPG's bricks are totally indestructable by mayors, but at the same time new mayors should be able to clear out old mayor's stuff, so I'll have to make a new brick group for ID 999999 that all of the mayor's public bricks dump into that new mayors have full trust over.

Makes my mind boggle, but if I do it right, CityRPG's infrastructure is going to suck a lot less richard.

I have a suggestion for the betatesting period of CityRPG.

Make a window pop up every 3 hours for each person on the server reminding them to submit bug reports because otherwise a lot of people will just ignore issues.