Author Topic: 2012/01/12 - Blockland / Launcher r1511  (Read 69457 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
Why not just release it on the add-on board like everybody else?
Because it is a system level add-on that many people have tried and failed to implement.  Other add-ons may wish to use it and it is beneficial for all for it to be guaranteed to exist on any given client.

(It would make sense to release unintrusive add-ons (teledoors, bricks, clearSpam, etc) over the launcher, but this seems way too intrusive.
That's why it is disabled by default.

You're actually the one who broke this. It isn't pinnable in Win7 because of the launcher (and even if it was then we would just get the "use the damn launcher already" error).
You can pin whatever shortcut you want to the start menu.  I guess it opens the main game in a different icon because it is two programs.  At any rate, pinned icons are for little kids and old ladies.  Real men use the start menu search.  Window key-> "bl" -> Enter -> blockland is running.

I've never experienced any kinds of crashes though, maybe people just have no idea what they're doing?
On many video cards, it would attempt to set invalid video modes causing the game to crash and then further crash on startup to the point where you would have to delete your config files.  This is a fact.  It is not up for revision by plebiscite.

That's why it is disabled by default.
It's possible to disable mods on dedicated servers?

Also, how about making the framework default but not the saving of pos/items then?

You can pin whatever shortcut you want to the start menu.  I guess it opens the main game in a different icon because it is two programs.  At any rate, pinned icons are for little kids and old ladies.  Real men use the start menu search.  Window key-> "bl" -> Enter -> blockland is running.
Nope, you can't pin applications launched in certain ways (haven't researched what causes it), and even if that was supported it doesn't work because of the launcher checking argument.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:26:19 PM by DontCare4Free »

At any rate, pinned icons are for little kids and old ladies.  Real men use the start menu search.  Window key-> "bl" -> Enter -> blockland is running.

this sounds out of character for you

forget the start menu search lol i pin things to the start menu

At any rate, pinned icons are for little kids and old ladies.  Real men use the start menu search.  Window key-> "bl" -> Enter -> blockland is running.
Hehe, smiled at this.
Though i still use the shortcuts. :C

Serverconnection.chasecam(99999);

Put this in the console and bingo you've got the chasecam addon!

Would it be hard to package this with a keybind?

I had no idea this existed holy forget

Nope, would be extremely simple.

forget the start menu search lol i pin things to the start menu
I don't search nor do i pin applications, if i use them once, they appear on the Start Menu, then i just use them from there if not from my desktop, if they disappear, they're always on my desktop, or i open up the all programs menu and manually search for it (because that's what i've gotten used to)

I smacked blockland on my taskbar.

it's too bad that's the only way to do it now :c
-Or else we'd have to get someone else to act for us, but that's no fun lol

An update to the launcher Badspot forgot to mention is the icon has been changed. (Or was this a while ago? If so, when?)

Nope, would be extremely simple.
Think you could package it up and PM it to me then? Please? :D

Is there any way to make taskbar pinning work properly? When you pin the launcher it creates two icons.