Author Topic: 2012/01/12 - Blockland / Launcher r1511  (Read 69458 times)

Is there any way to make taskbar pinning work properly? When you pin the launcher it creates two icons.
No.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=181791.0

Will you bother with fixing or allowing (if it's not a bug) the cone to be placed on a ceiling?

That's because that add-on breaks everything.  It ham-fistedly overwrites the video mode list an causes huge numbers of people to crash.   

I have never crashed from this addon. But I feel I should tell you that this was the easiest way for many video makers to create videos. Was it intentional to break the mod or was it an accident?

I have never crashed from this addon. But I feel I should tell you that this was the easiest way for many video makers to create videos. Was it intentional to break the mod or was it an accident?
It probably was an accident. It may be intentional but I don't think that badspot would risk losing half of the users because they can not make videos anymore. I know if this doesn't get fixed I'm leaving Blockland.

I don't think he cares if people quit because they can't use one clientside add-on for video making

I don't think he cares if people quit because they can't use one clientside add-on for video making
Of course why wouldn't he. It just happens that Blockland videos are one the prime sources of users joining Blockland. If the video makers can't use their favorite mod, then they won't be able to show people Blockland and Badspot would experience a shortage of income. I think it would just be smarter for him to allow the mod to work.

Is there any way to make taskbar pinning work properly? When you pin the launcher it creates two icons.
Yes, Works fine for me. I started the launcher, then before it finishes loading, I right click the button on the taskbar and hit pin to taskbar. So the launcher is pinned, not Bl. If that doesn't work, no idea.

Yes, Works fine for me. I started the launcher, then before it finishes loading, I right click the button on the taskbar and hit pin to taskbar. So the launcher is pinned, not Bl. If that doesn't work, no idea.
That is exactly the problem, and it is not a valid solution.

1: Open Blockland normally.
2: Pin the Launcher as it launches.
3: Although you have two icons, the Launcher is pinned, works, and isn't really a problem.

Not seeing a real problem with pinning the game.

Why not just pin the shortcut?

1: Open Blockland normally.
2: Pin the Launcher as it launches.
3: Although you have two icons, the Launcher is pinned, works, and isn't really a problem.

Not seeing a real problem with pinning the game.
I think he just doesn't want a second icon taking up space when he already has a slot reserved for it.
It's kind of annoying, if you think about it.

Why not just pin the shortcut?
Because that doesn't solve it either.

Off-topic but still related: any idea why the steam overlay still works in BL even though BL is a separate process than the launcher? I don't know too much about .exe files, but, just out of curiosity.
man i wish rtb4 had unique default keybinds, or at least let one change the binds normally
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:06:55 AM by Wheatley »

I dont see the issue though, besides being an insignificant eyesore.
I've been putting up with it for a while, I'm pretty sure you guys can.

I dont see the issue though, besides being an insignificant eyesore.
I've been putting up with it for a while, I'm pretty sure you guys can.
Not to mention YET ANOTHER slot for the console.
I just want to make sure I'm not missing something big here: Is there a way to completely hide or close the background console? I really just don't use it, as the in-game console is more convenient and holds more lines.

I usually just throw it on my second monitor behind the other crap I don't pay much attention too. Then the window sits on that monitor's toolbar instead of on my main one's.
However, not many people have this, so you're just stuck leaving it behind the BL window.

Is it bug that certain textures (which are not the following: black25-75, blank, gray25-75, red, white, whiteCheck) started to get a weird tinge on them?

Exhibit A:

From a distance a red artefact can be seen on the siren texture.

Exhibit B:

From a distance a green artefact can be seen on the round turn signal.

These are not the only vehicles affected by that, and back in v19 or even during the first few releases of v20 I had no such problem with the textures.