Author Topic: Roof over Map?  (Read 6144 times)

For Nobot's Death Racing Server, he needs a roof over the map.
He has tried several times and he cannot find a way to add a roof using Mission Editor, if anybody knows how to add a roof over a map so it cant be passed through with vehicles or players please post here.

A roof...? I don't understand, does he want like a barrier or something?

A roof...? I don't understand, does he want like a barrier or something?
A barrier so that vehicles cant pass through the roof nor players.

Like basically a model of a floor or something.

Would slate.dif work? That's what Slate uses, if you didn't know.

Just make a giant null interior, which is precisely what slate.dif is.

It's a barrier for an in-door Plane Death Race, we need an interior rather than bricks to the planes can't glitch through.

A barrier so that vehicles cant pass through the roof nor players.

Like basically a model of a floor or something.
I can then imagine a few chaps attempting to "Pierce the heavens with drills".

hote

I made a quick 5000x5000 cube barrier for a map, if a cube is passable. Remember to re-size it in Mission Editor to fit your needs, and to include the null texture or it won't work. (NULL = invisible texture)

Note that there is no bottom to the cube, and if you don't want sides just use the slate.dif interior.

Look at the Valhalla Dogfight Edition map by Boom. It has some sort of invisible interior barrier to prevent planes from flying out.

Look at the Valhalla Dogfight Edition map by Boom. It has some sort of invisible interior barrier to prevent planes from flying out.
Really? I guess I never went high enough to experience that...

He used a null interior, basically the same as the one I created except to fit the dimensions of Valhalla. However, I did notice that it was possible to fly through the interior there with the small jet planes... happened to me a few times (which sucked because you couldn't get back in). Oh torque and its multitude of problems.