Poll

Support?

Yes
Nop

Author Topic: An "Action" key or Use key  (Read 709 times)

We should have a default use/action key for blockland, don't you think? It's use could be for actions or maybe when equipping an item, you can still open doors or something with having to press Q or that. We can also use this key for any weapon that uses reload or special functions e.g. T+T. I mean, I find myself setting my light key to R now that light is for reload in some guns. Having an action key will open up multiple and lots of possibilities for weapons and items don't you think?

The activate is the "action key" of Blockland. You could probably make a quick keybind to holster your gun if you have one out, click, then equip your gun again. It would be nice to have more support for keybinds based on the needs of add-ons, though.

Since activate was introduced in v9, it wasn't implemented for vehicle entering or item collecting, unfortunately. We have add-ons for those, though.

If jet wasn't established as the primary use for right click, it's unfortunate we can't use that for a "secondary fire" trigger. Considering the number of weapons that contain extra features, a secondary fire button would still be nice to have.

You could probably make a quick keybind to holster your gun if you have one out, click, then equip your gun again.

That would be cool.

Also, I would like a default use key, and secondary fire key. That would make blockland more fitting for weapons.
Supported.

lordician is working on something like this.
Its got a link in the modification discussion topic.