Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 427321 times)

Yeah you know what, forget the brick pack then.

People are too ignorant. I'll make a private one and only give it to people who would appreciate it. Like Bushido.
I would appreciate it too if interiors go down. I'm not 100% against this update, more like 85%

This looks loving AWESOME!

Waitwaitwait. I need to this to be confirmed but, say when the new update comes out, will it effect any slate saves we have? I don't want to lose the bottom bricks, or have them floating or something.

... I would appreciate it.

I would too.  It sounds very useful!

I hope we are given a release date before it's released. That last night... I've never laughed as much, I've never cried as much, I've never drank as much :'(

1. ???????
Multiple people. Not much to understand.

if you could simply post a quote on whatever you were saying I'd appreciate it.
Would take as long for me to dig through my own posts as it would for you, but here!

I was thinking of making some extra bricks that'll fit nicely with cubes.

Which also includes sloped bricks that will fit nice and snug with cubes.

Multiple people. Not much to understand.
Would take as long for me to dig through my own posts as it would for you, but here!

Which also includes sloped bricks that will fit nice and snug with cubes.
Ah, okay. Thanks. Still not too pleased but at least some effort is being made to cope for lost... ugh how to explain it, "feeling"(ugh???????).

Trying to put my thoughts into words is hard right now, especially trying to keep my mind open to the (soon to be) new ways.

My main problem I'm having is basically restricting everyone to being good terrain builders, using something like what you said, or using a terrain generator.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:51:39 PM by kompressor »

The easy solution to this whole debacle is to allow the current version to be kept without being automatically updated, and allowing for an alternate download for the shaders/shadows version.

However, the next issue is updates and dev team divison. It isn't as efficient to have two parallel versions consistently updated...

KOMPRESSOR COMMENT: Not going to happen.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 09:52:48 PM by kompressor »

[snip]http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp217/sord213/blockland.png[/snip]
Forgot to put a "use ramp bricks" under that quote.

QA SESSION TWO

Are shadows created in real-time?

Yes. It takes literally milliseconds using modern rendering technology.

Will you release a set of recommended system specs once this is complete and optimized?

You can turn off shadows and Blockland will run exactly like it did before.

Will lights still go through bricks?

Depends.

Will faces and decals still glow in the dark?

Depends. It will probably stay the same.

What happens to StaticShapes Are those removed too?

Not for the moment.

Waitwaitwait. I need to this to be confirmed but, say when the new update comes out, will it effect any slate saves we have? I don't want to lose the bottom bricks, or have them floating or something.

We will be careful to make sure Slate saves still work.

Will you allow people to keep the current version without forcing the update?

RIP Bedroom

1999-2012

Goodnight sweet Prince

If light still shines through bricks and prints still glow this will be a pretty disappointing addon. I was excited because I thought it meant light didnt shine through.