Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 425214 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
Your collective inability to script basic weapons or download weapon add-ons that others have made has nothing to do with the topic at hand.  Please keep the conversation on track.

List of concerns!

>Added Eksi's concerns
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 07:07:15 PM by DYLANzzz »

people like me could just release terrain builds for others to build on?
you could if the system i suggested was somewhat implemented. but i'm going by what the DEVS said so far, not by what i suggested. i'll be waiting for the next dev post. hopefully they read through all of the posts here, even if it takes temp locking due to mass post flood.
Lazy hosts who can't build shouldn't have popular servers in the first place.
kids play the game. it's not lazy hosts. kids should be allowed to have fun because they bought the loving game.

Great way to split the community.
That comment alone shows maybe taking terrain/interior away isn't the best idea.

A couple more concerns:

Off road / bumpy driving

Large-scale landscapes without thousands of bricks

A couple more concerns:

Off road / bumpy driving

Don't forget when the vehicles go through bricks and stuff.

kids play the game. it's not lazy hosts. kids should be allowed to have fun because they bought the loving game.

This isn't removing anyone's fun. Stop whining.

Don't forget when the cars go through bricks and stuff.
Except that was mentioned in DYLANzzz' post.

If there's smooth, hilly bricks - How would you get bricks into and on those bricks properly?
chucknorris(-1);?
Just like you would with ramps, I assume.

Build around whatever you need to.

If there's smooth, hilly bricks - How would you get bricks into and on those bricks properly?
Easy. Make so the bricks can be slightly built into. (already possible even without scripts)

I was thinking of making some extra bricks that'll fit nicely with cubes.

wait, what?

thousand-brick landscapes are generally goddamn ginormous

remember that DM i made with the big bridge in the middle and the log-paths to the sides? the terrain there was like, maybe 300 bricks total. the rest of it was the buildings and the bridge itself

if you've reached a thousand bricks, you're either amazingly inefficient or are hiding caves

I was thinking of making some extra bricks that'll fit nicely with cubes.

NOW

DO IT NOW

oh cool, this isn't a hoax? :D!
it'd be fun to have to build every part of the build, at any rate

Except that was mentioned in DYLANzzz' post.
me no readed topic.

you could if the system i suggested was somewhat implemented. but i'm going by what the DEVS said so far, not by what i suggested. i'll be waiting for the next dev post. hopefully they read through all of the posts here, even if it takes temp locking due to mass post flood.kids play the game. it's not lazy hosts. kids should be allowed to have fun because they bought the loving game.
They bought a LEGO BUILDING GAME. Stop acting like they bought CoD and its being turned into a sandbox building game.

The game, if anything, is moving towards its true genre rather than the FPS its been for the past few years. Filter out the dumbasses who never build and well have the game back the way it was before.

I havent played in forever because its so hard to find a good server with people building, now theyre forced to build even if they want to DM!

wait, what?

thousand-brick landscapes are generally goddamn ginormous

remember that DM i made with the big bridge in the middle and the log-paths to the sides? the terrain there was like, maybe 300 bricks total. the rest of it was the buildings and the bridge itself

if you've reached a thousand bricks, you're either amazingly inefficient or are hiding caves