Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 430710 times)

It's the slopes, kitchen and bedroom maps I'll miss D: (the bedroom build just isn't the same)

Like Eksi mentioned, I wonder if we will be able to see more lights on-screen than now. And will lights not go through bricks anymore?

oh, and in this image,

what's with the brown triangle from the top right blue stall to the bottom right stall? is this a return of the old graphical glitches? :o

How about using height maps to generate unbreakable bricks as terrain?
D:

A lot more people'll start playing this. And after a rush of confused people, some new "smart" players may develop/help develop some sort of solution to satisfy people who so desperately miss their terrains and interiors.

A lot more people'll start playing this. And after a rush of confused people, some new "smart" players may develop/help develop some sort of solution to satisfy people who so desperately miss their terrains and interiors.

these smart people will just turn out to be people competent enough to make their own terrain

aaaa why are you removing everything just for dynamic lighting :c

... he's not removing everything, he's only scrapping interiors and terrain

The best part of this is that Ill never have to see another stuffty GSF map. They were seriously the ugliest piece of stuff maps I have ever seen and I will never understand how THEY got popular vs amazing maps like Plate and Ladios' slate edits!
Paradise was really the only one people used, but I personally liked it.

The best part of this is that Ill never have to see another stuffty GSF map. They were seriously the ugliest piece of stuff maps I have ever seen and I will never understand how THEY got popular vs amazing maps like Plate and Ladios' slate edits!

Lol I went on to Heed's server and said "enjoy your terrain while you can"

-snip-
people like me could just release terrain builds for others to build on?

Wait. The collision is awful with bricks. Will this be improved, that's one of the reasons for interiors.

I think you should leave Blockland as it is and make Blockland 2 without terrain and interiors but have fancy lighting and all the cool possible stuff.
That way you can have either Blockland.

Either way, if you DO update leave a download link of the old blockland up on the website (and make it so it doesnt auto update).
Please :c

The only real way this will work is:

A: Improve vehicles so we don't have issues with vehicles geting stuck in bricks and stuff.

B: make a program that translates maps into bricks.

otherwise people are going to be pretty pissed.

(Oh. mai. gosh. "Warning - while you were reading a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post." appeared right when I clicked reply.)

Okay, shaders look nice, but can't you implement some way to have old terrain maps still work but disable the fancy new features? I'm really gonna miss skiing and huge inclined planes... and the past-100000k glitch. That was fun.

If you fix vehicle collision and add some new smoother bricks I'm all for it.

(And then: 14 new replies! Yaaaaay!)
(And another...)

I think you should leave Blockland as it is and make Blockland 2 without terrain and interiors but have fancy lighting and all the cool possible stuff.
That way you can have either Blockland.

Either way, if you DO update leave a download link of the old blockland up on the website (and make it so it doesnt auto update).
Please :c

Great way to split the community.