Author Topic: Twisted Metal style game mode?  (Read 610 times)

I was wondering if it was possible to make a game mode that is like Twisted Metal.

The weapons would be held like that bomb that can only be used in vehicles.  The players will spawn in the vehicles and will be unable to get out.  The playertype should be instant kill so they go with the final explosion of their vehicle.  Weapons should do low to medium damage or vehicles should be modified to have high health.  Turbo could just be addvelocity. 

I mostly suggested this because I feel that I would have more fun with this than a race with Blockland's vehicles.

I was working on this all the way back in v0002.

However, after seeing the problems with the vehicles in both v0002 and Retail, I'm waiting till the vehicle physics are improved.

However, after seeing the problems with the vehicles in both v0002 and Retail, I'm waiting till the vehicle physics are improved.
I am not exactly asking for anything realistic like missiles that stick out when you arm them, I just want a game mode that is similar to Twisted Metal and that can work with Blockland.

If you ever make this, I'm going to love you forever

I was also thinking that Special weapons i.e. Special, mines, freeze ray, and shield shouldn't be added because of the time consuming process to find out how to make each special correspond with a different vehicle, and the fact that massive console spam might appear.

I am not exactly asking for anything realistic like missiles that stick out when you arm them, I just want a game mode that is similar to Twisted Metal and that can work with Blockland.
The visuals isn't the problem.

It's the fact that (and you should already know this) you can drive through walls, and ram other vehicles to send them (and yourself) flying at unreal velocity.

The visuals isn't the problem.

It's the fact that (and you should already know this) you can drive through walls, and ram other vehicles to send them (and yourself) flying at unreal velocity.
I know that, and actually, I could deal with that more so in a Deathmatch TM style game mode than a race. 

AXLE POWER

this would be fun though :D
Exactly, and I always thought he said starfish power...

I know that, and actually, I could deal with that more so in a Deathmatch TM style game mode than a race. 
Okay I'll be sure to just drive inside a wall and continuously fire my special while protected from all harm.

Okay I'll be sure to just drive inside a wall and continuously fire my special while protected from all harm.
Firstly,
I was also thinking that Special weapons i.e. Special, mines, freeze ray, and shield shouldn't be added because of the time consuming process to find out how to make each special correspond with a different vehicle, and the fact that massive console spam might appear.
Secondly, I was thinking that maybe instead of walls, there was this gigantic floating platform so that people can't hide in walls.  Below the platform should be a zone that destroys any vehicle upon entry of said zone.  The zone should at least be 5 times bigger than the platform, so that when players
ram other vehicles to send them (and yourself) flying at unreal velocity.
they will penalized with death.

Firstly,
Congratulations. You came up with imaginary problems. I don't know how you can come up with such imagined problems before anything is even attempted. I could easily add different specials for different vehicles, and 'massive console spam' can appear for anything done wrong.

Secondly, I was thinking that maybe instead of walls, there was this gigantic floating platform so that people can't hide in walls.  Below the platform should be a zone that destroys any vehicle upon entry of said zone.  The zone should at least be 5 times bigger than the platform, so that when players -my quote- they will penalized with death.
That sounds like a horrible idea.
Go ahead and make this yourself. I'm waiting till vehicle physics are improved.

Congratulations. You came up with imaginary problems. I don't know how you can come up with such imagined problems before anything is even attempted. I could easily add different specials for different vehicles, and 'massive console spam' can appear for anything done wrong.
That sounds like a horrible idea.
Go ahead and make this yourself. I'm waiting till vehicle physics are improved.
All I want is a DM with cars instead of people, nothing special, just a DM with cars.