Author Topic: LoZ MMORPG...Need hairstyles from the community  (Read 3178 times)

I'm creating a LoZ MMORPG and I'm in need of your creative pixel talent for some interesting hairstyles. Use any color you want as most hair colors will be selectable. Please use a bit of shading as to avoid a flat hairstyle. By submitting your edits you acknowledge that you are releasing any intellectual right to your design to be used in my game.

If I find your edit interesting I will send you a message letting you know it has been selected for the game. When the game is finished, I will figure out a way for people whos hairstyle has been selected to have something special in-game to denote their contribution to the game.
 I do not mind you posting pixel images 16x16 as well. Such as objects, floral and terrain.

All submissions of superior quality may expect inquiry of participation in art design for the game. You will be credited for anything you design for the games creation.
Right now it is just me designing and coding the game. With the addition of art I will be needing helping hands.

These are the player bases. Tunic and without a tunic, also with different face styles. There will be more in the future but I want to keep it simple for now. Keep the image 32x32, anything larger than that size will be ignored. 16x16 creations I will pay careful attention to.

One last thing When you create the hairstyle, please give it a name. I don't want to come up with names for your hairstyle. If it's a stupid name I'll just change it but I hope I won't have to do that. No aZn names PLEASE!!! We all speak english so let's keep our names cohesive.

Player base 1

Player base 2

The ones without the tunic are for those who want to design an outfit:

Player base 3

Player base 4

New outfit
Player base 5

Player base 6

My personal examples:

Fire Crotch (Capless)

Fire Crotch (Cap)

Pebob

Hopefully thanking those who actually help me out :).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 06:25:28 PM by LoserHero »

that bottom half of the link player looks

copyrighted

that bottom half of the link player looks

copyrighted

Yeah? People will have the option to look like Link if they want to. I designed this sprite though if that's what you mean.

// Added new outfit

I saw mommy kissing creepy santa claus.

Is that some AA in a pixel art?

Well this is my shot at a hairstyle, call it what you wish.

Not bad, but name the hairstyle. I've also implemented a simple saving and loading system as well as some fighting functions / jumping functions. I've also improved pixel movement so it feels really nice and objects don't take up an entire tile anymore. Once you play the game you'll really appreciate this. Your class will be based on the weapons you use and profiency with that item. Each item has a skill set as well which is actually pretty fun messing around with. I'm still messing around with class / Item based class ideas. Right now I'm working on the GUI which is coming along nicely.

Yes the pixel art has AA
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:19:24 PM by LoserHero »

Introducing our first enemy, Pebob!

Attack and damage functions are working swell.

I CALL IT HIPSTER HEAD BEDHEAD!

what engine/framework are you using to program this.
also what language.

I like it Block Box. Consider it added to the hairstyles, however I altered it slightly.

This is what the movement animation looks like. Soon I will post screenies/video clip of the actual game which I hope will intrigue those who have been checking on this thread. (If any :'[ )

tasty

will it be in at least one way like Cube World