Poll

This is something you could Do.

Yes
No

Author Topic: Blockland Server Os  (Read 1679 times)

In mineCraft There was an Os that was Made out of Linux That hosted and Managed a server. The point of this was to make it so it don't use as much ram and to make It easy to run a server. I know that Blockland servers are So easy that a monkey can host it. But it would make a Nice challenge for a scripter that want to make an OS If your Really good you can add a GUI. Just a Thought. You could even get it to run with RTB.

Translate to non-noob:

In minecraft the was an OS that was based on Linux that hosted and managed a server. The point of this was to make it so it doesn't use as much RAM and to make it easier to run a server. I know that Blockland servers are so easy that a monkey can host it, but it would make a nice challenge for a scripter that wants to make an OS. If you're really good, you can add a GUI. Just a thought. You could even get it to run with RTB.

That would be a little hard since Blockland's closed-source and the development team is only 2 people.

I think Slicksilver managed to get it running under Linux. I've never managed to repeat his success though.

Translate to non-noob:

In minecraft the was an OS that was based on Linux that hosted and managed a server. The point of this was to make it so it doesn't use as much RAM and to make it easier to run a server. I know that Blockland servers are so easy that a monkey can host it, but it would make a nice challenge for a scripter that wants to make an OS. If you're really good, you can add a GUI. Just a thought. You could even get it to run with RTB.

That would be a little hard since Blockland's closed-source and the development team is only 2 people.

Was it really necessary to fix all his grammar mistakes, then calling it a translation from this so called "noob" languge?

Was it really necessary to fix all his grammar mistakes, then calling it a translation from this so called "noob" languge?
Yes.

So, from what I understand is that you want a stripped down version of Linux then slap a Blockland Dedicated Server onto it?

So, from what I understand is that you want a stripped down version of Linux then slap a Blockland Dedicated Server onto it?
yes

The answer is no.

Minecraft is written in Java and therefor has support on many OSs. Blockland isn't.

Kinda and it dont really have to be Linux its just open but there are tons of others. The point is that it would be a challange because you would have to program and make the OS, GUI, and then get it to import the Mods/Add-Ons. It would also maybe get the ppl that are dumber then a monkey the ability to host. Cause then all they would have to do is follow the Pictures. C: I don't need it just thought I would throw it out there for anyone who think they could make it happen.

Translate to non-noob:

Uncapping my caps is a waste of your time. The words where in the right order And Spelled right. The Cap Crap is a Developed Habit From the programming classes I was taking in collage. But back on topic. If im thinking correctly if you released it as an addon you would be fine. The way you could get around it would be if you made the OS and had a Batch file start the dedi. It would be a .Bat launching threw a GUI button. Then another button could launch them to RTB.

On another challenging note if you wanted to push it a little farther you could make a web based GUI that lets the user upload to the server and control and edit addons that way opening a New era of paid servers.

ITT: NPCKiller doesn't understand anything

ITT: NPCKiller doesn't understand anything

I understand what you said and you can use Wine. Let me google some things and Ill get back to you.

you can use Wine.
Then you've just destroyed the point of an OS built for Blockland.

Kinda Like this

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=180577.0

That one is Basically that same thing but its built in Blockland 

Sure, we can make/get a stripped down version of Linux and put Wine and the Blockland Dedicated Server onto it, but we can't call it a Blockland OS.